I’ve been using Ambika Pillai brushes for the longest time. Infact, these were the first ‘good quality’ brushes I started using after Vega which were quite sad. At theÂ time, Vega hadn’t even come out with their professional range of brushes and there were no options for me in my budget. So when I saw a few Ambika Pillai brushes on FnU, I snapped them up without a second thought.
About the Brush
Large, soft and Luxurious pamper yourself while applying powder on your face.
- Price: INR 700
My experience with the Ambika Pillai Powder Brush:
- Packaging: This brush comes in a plastic pouch and has a thick black handle with the brand name on it. It’s quite easy to hold although I prefer brushes with shorter handles.
- Bristle Texture: The bristles are synthetic and really soft and fluffy. It doesn’t poke or feel rough at all unlike the Vega brush which felt like I was putting pin into my skin!
- Bristle Quality (Bleeding & Shedding): The bristles don’t bleed at all but die shed 5-10 bristles in the first 4-5 washes. After that it hasn’t shed a single strand.
- Washing & Drying: Takes about 1day to dry since the bristles are quite dense.
- Handling: The handle is a bit short just the way I like it since I find it easier to blend with it.
I love using this brush and use it to apply even the new Dream Matte Powder from Maybelline. It dispenses the right amount of product and buffs out the powder well. Also, have you had those times when you’ve used a a blush and can see the harsh lines standing out on your face? That happens to me too and I love using this brush to buff out the blush and smoothen out the harsh lines 🙂 I even use it to brush off any fallout caused while doing my eyes.
Why I like Ambika Pillai Powder Brush:Â
- Very soft
- A very good brush to begin with
- Great to buff out powder
- Blends out the blush well incase ofÂ visible harsh lines
- Picks up the right amount of product
- Easy to wash and doesn’t shed much after the intital 4-5 washes
- Handle is sturdy and convenient
- Bristles don’t bleed.
Why I don’t like Ambika Pillai Powder Brush:
- Not available easily
Have you used any of the Ambika Pillai Brushes?
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Shedding/ Bleeding: 5/5
- Usability: 5/5
- Versatility: 5/5
- Value of Money: 5/5
You may also enjoy reading:Â
- Night Cream For Dry Skin Suggestions
- Khadi Rose Water Review
- Ambika Pillai Lipgloss in Slide On Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Water Shine Liquid Diamonds Lip Gloss 10 Pink Ruby Review
- The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter for Dry Hair Review
- Shimmery Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Amibika pillai pick me up lipgloss,
- Ambika pillai Â Day dream lipgloss
- Ambika pillai Toast Lipgloss