I bought this Ambika Pillai Lipgloss shade on a whim really…I wanted a warm nude to brown gloss and thought maybe this would be the right one for me. I have reviewed 3 other shades from this range earlier as well which are Amibika Pillai slide on lip gloss,Â Â Amibika pillai pick me up lipgloss, Ambika pillai Â Day dream lipgloss.
Toast is quite a popular shade which made me purchase it blindly So let’s have a look now shall we?
- Quantity: 8ml
- Original Price: 700 INR (I got it from FnU at 475INR)
My experience with Ambika Pillai Lipgloss in Toast:Â
- Packaging: I’ve become quite fond of the packaging of this gloss from the first time I saw it. Who wouldn’t like a transparent tube of gloss with a mirror AND lights to boot? Imagine! Lights in the gloss for touch ups! Hehe..I can luv these glosses for that alone! In my previous reviews, I remember Ups was asking bout how the lights looked…Hence this time I’ve tried to take better pics of the bulbs and have taken pics with the light on as well.. 😉
- Color: This shade looks a bit muddy in the tube but on application it comes off as a very mild nude on me. I suppose this is one of those tricky colors which would look good on a few and look weird on others… But I do appreciate the fact that its a glossy nude which makes my lips look nice and pretty instead of washing me out. The gloss does have very minute silver shimmers but these are hardly visible on application.
- Texture: The gloss is totally non-sticky. It glides very smoothly and doesn’t get goopy at all. Additionally, its very light and doesn’t feel icky 🙂
- Fragrance: It has a very mild, sweet coconut fragrance which fades off withing a couple of minutes.
- Staying Power: The staying power is pretty okay at about 2-3 hours. Its high gloss content ensures that the lips look moisturized and shiny for long even after the hint of color has faded.
- Pigmentation & Coverage: This shade is very very sheer on me and doesn’t provide much coverage at all. It can be layered over a lipstick or can be worn alone. So its pretty versatile that way.
- Availability: Ambika Pillai products are available in North India exclusively. I haven’t seen this brand in any other store. I have only been able to buy them from FnU exclusively.
Why I love AP Toast Lipgloss
- This is a lovely shade for nude shade lovers. It can be used alone or atop a lippy.
- It has a mirror AND lights which is gr8 for touchups without having to whip out your mirror.
- Can be used as a handy torch too!
- Doesn’t settle into the fine lines at all.
- Super moisturizing and I don’t need to apply a lip balm underneath.
- This is a charitable brand and a percentage of profits are contributed to charities 🙂
Why I don’t like AP Toast Lipgloss:
- Contains Parabens
- Availability is a problem
- Pigmentation: 3/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 3/5
- Applicator: 4/5
- Price vs. Value: 3.5/5
- Availability: 3/5