I got this sometime in June I guess. I donâ€™t really recall when exactly, but all I know is that ever since it landed in my cabinet, Iâ€™ve been trying to convince myself to use this everyday and have failed miserably. I simply keep forgetting and Iâ€™m guessing that my general disinterest in handcare (is that even a word? ?:-) ) could be the reason. Sigh! Time to make that changeâ€¦
About Aroma Magic Cuticle Softener:
- Quantity:20 gms
- Price:INR 100
- Shelf life:2 years from mfg date
- Active Ingredients: Extracts of Lemon, Clove, Garlic & Jojoba oil and pure essential oils of Carrotseed, Clove and Lemon.
- Directions: Massage onto cuticles and nails at night and before manicure.
- Packaging: It comes in a small white tube with a red plastic screw cap. The nozzle is medium-sized and aids in dispensing the required amount of product. Packaging is very hygienic and leak-proof. It is pleasing to look at but the only issue is that if you own more than one tube from Aroma Magic (like their Under Eye Gel for example), youâ€™ll have trouble distinguishing one product from the other since they all look the same.
- Fragrance: It would be so wrong to expect a pleasing floral fragrance with ingredients like garlic and clove :-P. The scent is essentially herbal and the scent of clove dominates. No, you cannot smell lemon at all in this but you can sense a hint of garlic that is thankfully not very pungent. Overall, the fragrance is mild and not at all bothersome.
- Color & Consistency: It is pure white in color and the cream is fairly thick yet slightly whipped. It is not heavy or greasy and gets fully absorbed within a few seconds.
My experience with the Aroma Magic Cuticle Softener:
Frankly, I wasnâ€™t even sure what exactly this product would do. I have brittle nails and not-so-perfect cuticles and began using this in the hope that it would make a difference :fingersxd:. I use it at night and sometimes during the day but I have to admit that I havenâ€™t been too consistent :shy:.
A teeny portion around my toes have been rough (read: rock solid hard) ever since I snipped it once while clipping my nails. I end up clipping it off each time I trim my nails and it always grows back hard like dead skin :struggle:. Within just a couple of uses of this cream, the skin around my toes totally softened up and were back to normal. So yes, this does its job well as a cuticle softener :yes:
The moment I read that this helps brittle and ribbed nails I knew it was a pretty tall claim. Sure enough, I couldnâ€™t really spot any before-and-after effects and my nails kept breaking just as ever :struggle: The only difference that I did see was it removes minor stains. This could be because lemon is a bleaching agent and it did make my nails look a bit whiter and brighter. Fairness cream for nails anyone? 😉
What I like about Aroma Magic Cuticle Softener:
- Hygienic, easy-to-use and travel-friendly packaging
- Herbal ingredients
- Mild fragrance
- Cream gets absorbed fast
- Softens cuticles in just a few uses
- Removes mild stains from nails
- Suitable for all skin types
- Reasonably priced
What donâ€™t I like about Aroma Magic Cuticle Softener:
- Did not help my brittle nails
- Complete list of ingredients is not mentioned
- Most Aroma Magic products have similar packaging and is thus a little difficult to distinguish one from another
Final thoughts: If youâ€™re looking for a good cuticle softener Iâ€™d definitely recommend this cream. But if youâ€™re looking for a remedy for brittle nails, wellâ€¦this may not be the best choice. If anyone out there has used this and seen good results with brittle nails, please do let me know. Atleast that way Iâ€™ll find more reasons to be consistent with this one :cute:
Have you tried Aroma Magic Cuticle Softener?
You may even like reading:
- Aroma Magic Chocolate Cream Pack Review
- Deborah Glitter eye liner Black 01 Review
- Deep Oil Cleansing Method Experience & How To
- Wise She This Week Sale Alert â€“ (October Week 3)
- Body Shop Shea Shower Cream Review
- Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint Tinted Moisturizer Review