Okay, so I wanted to wear something which would not just be an eye-catching shade, but also perfect for any traditional occasion, so when my friend suggested I look for Avon nail polishes, I did. I made a mini-haul of about 6 nail polishes, and by far this is one of my favourites. The shade is called Casablanca, and it immediately reminds me of the epic love story of Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman with the same name (imagine yourself sitting in front of the telly, holding the remote in one hand, the bowl of tomato chilli popcorn in another, a diet Coke nearby, and crying buckets of tears).
Price:Â Cost: Rs. 149/-
Quantity:Â 8 ml
Shades: 24 exciting shades
The shade is very reasonably priced at 99/- (I got it when the Avon offer was onÂ ) and it is a lovely shade of rich carmine pink. I am in love with it.Â The packaging is very sturdy, and I have thrown this bottle around a few times and not a scratch. It has a nice, compact brush, which makesÂ applying this nail polishÂ an absolute dream.
Shake the nail polish and apply one coat, and you would see that it already shows off the colour pretty nicely, with good coverage, and you can leave it at one coat if you like, because the coverage is pretty opaque. This picture shows my hand after 1 coat.
I love this colour because it has a golden undertone through the polish which is never obvious, but adds to the slightly pearly and creamy finish.
After two coats.
The best thing about this nail polish is that, even after putting in 2 coats, it hardens pretty fast, around 7-8 minutes max and then it chips after 3-4 days minimum, which is an added bonus for me. It is also quite resilient, and unlike other nail polishes, does not dry up too fast (one culprit I can think of in this area are Lakme nail polishes). This product contains about 8 ml and it is halfway finished and shows no signs of drying up.
What I like about Avon Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel Casablanca:-
- Lovely carmine shade with gold undertones
- Sexy and strong packaging which is very travel-friendly
- Looks good on fair to wheat skin
- Value for money at 99/- for 8 ml
- Dries fast once on the nails
- Nice brush which makes sure the polish dispenses evenly
- No bubble formation (like many other nail polishes)
- Does not chip easily, or peel off.
What I don’t like about Avon Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel Casablanca:-
- Probably would be a disaster colour for those who hate jewel pink colour
- Is not the best colour for office (unless they do not mind these colours)
- Available only with Avon SA and is going to cost you more when not on offer
- Gets out of stock easily
Ratings â€“ 4/5
Have you tried Avon Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel in Casablanca?
You may also like to read this:
- MAX Factor MAX Effect Nail Polish Candy Blue and MAX Factor MAX Effect Nail Polish Hot Pink
- W7 Earthquake Crackle Nail Polish Silver Review & NOTD
- Miss Claire Crakle Nail Polish CR07 Review & NOTD
- Miss Calire Crackle Nail Polish No CR11 Review & NOTD
- Illamasqua Nomad Nail Varnish & Shoe Nail Art