Post by Adivaah,
I was on the lookout for an affordable foundation & when I found the Avon Simply Pretty Fresh Radiance Gel Foundation to be the least expensive foundation from their range, I decided to give it a try & now want to share my experience with you all.
What does Avon Claim about this foundation: Enhance your skinâ€™s natural radiance & get even flawless skin with simply pretty gel foundation. The water based moisturizing formula feels fresh and light, as if you are not wearing any make up.
- Blends & glides smoothly & easily.
- Oil free.
- Dermatologically tested.
- Wonâ€™t clog pores.
- Non acnegenic.
- Safe for sensitive skin.
- Water-proof & Smudge proof formula.
- Long Lasting
How to use: Squeeze tube gently & apply a small pea sized amount on index finger. Apply on chin, cheeks, for head & nose. Blend downwards & spread evenly using your fingers or a sponge.
Ingredients: Hereâ€™s a picture of the ingredients
Price: Rs.149 for 50ml
My Experience using Avon Simply Pretty Fresh Radiance Gel Foundation:
I wanted to try a very affordable foundation before I get my hands on high end brands so when I saw this foundation for Rs.149 in the Avon Brochure, I immediately ordered it. The main reason for getting this foundation was to learn how to apply the foundation, because when I first used Lakme foundation, I ended up looking horrible & never used foundation again. I thought I might not be applying it correctly & I should learn by investing in an affordable option until I get the hang of it.
So when I got this foundation, the first thing I did was I tried to smell it to see if it has any fragrance & found a very mild fragrance which isnâ€™t too overwhelming. This foundation comes in a 30 ml tube brownish purple colored cute tube & twist cap. This comes in 3 shades Light Beige, Medium Beige & Natural Beige. I thought Iâ€™ll get the Medium beige shade but when I asked the Avon Rep she suggested Natural Beige & Iâ€™m glad I got that because Medium Beige would have been light for my complexion. Since this is water based, the texture of the foundation is little thin.
The first time I tried this I took a 4 drops of it & when I tried to blend it turned out be like a whitish cast & was looking horrid, I immediately washed it away with water & it came off easily. So for the next time I reduced it to just 2 drops & it blended well & it gave a nice matte look after I applied some loose powder. This doesnâ€™t provide full coverage, it doesnâ€™t hide blemishes & scars. I have dry skin & it suits me well, it doesnâ€™t make my skin drier instead it feels light on the skin. This lasts on my skin for 5 hours at least & doesnâ€™t clog pores but it might get into the fine lines. Overall, this is a light coverage foundation which can be tried by beginners to get a hang of it before investing in expensive foundations.
Few things I like about the Avon Simply Pretty Foundation –
- Very affordable for a makeup novice.
- It is water based foundation so you feel as if you are applying a light moisturiser.
- Blends easily but you need to be fast.
- Just need a small amount, like 2-3 drops for the entire face & neck.
- Lasts for at least 4-5 hours.
- It a small tube, can be carried in a bag & apply whenever & wherever you want.
- Doesnâ€™t have an overwhelming fragrance.
- It is Oil free & doesnâ€™t clog pores.
- Doesnâ€™t make my skin dry or chalky, suits my dry skin.
- Dermatalogically tested, Non- acnegenic , suitable for sensitive skin too.
Few things I donâ€™t like about the Avon Simply Pretty Foundation
- Doesnâ€™t come in a see through bottle so one fine day it may run out & you wouldnâ€™t know.
- Settles in the fine lines.
- Provides light coverage, doesnâ€™t hide blemishes & scars.
- It isnâ€™t water-proof as claimed by the company.
- Only 3 shades to choose from. But itâ€™s better to ask your Avon Rep, because my Avon rep said â€œNatural beige â€œsuits most of the Indian Skin tones.
Will I repurchase this? Yes I will until I get the confidence to try higher end foundations.
Will I recommend this to Wise She readers? Yes, because itâ€™s very affordable & sometimes this may be on discount too. You could give it a try & if the shade doesnâ€™t match you complexion & is too light you could mix any other foundation to get the correct shade or if itâ€™s too dark you could add your daily moisturiser to lighten it & use as a tinted moisturiser.