Baguette pizza – a recipe
Bread pizza is one of the snacks my mom made a lot when I was little – slices of white bread, ketchup, chopped onions and capsicums and a slice of Britannia cheese. I remember how excited I used to be whenever she made it, how it was such a big treat! That’s what made me try to make pizzas with French bread from my local bakery and thankfully, they came out well!
Baguette Pizza Ingredients:
- Baguette – 1
- Capsicum – 1 small
- Onion – 1 small
- Mozzarella cheese – 1 packet
- Pizza sauce – 1 can
- Chilli sauce – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Garlic pepper/Italian seasonings – 1 tsp (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200Â°C.
- Â Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and cut those halves into two, thus giving you four pieces of bread.
- Mix the pizza sauce and chilli sauce in a bowl, if using the latter. Spread the sauce onto the baguette pieces.
- Sprinkle the pieces with cheese.
- Add the onion and capsicum, along with any other toppings of your choice.
- Cover the toppings with a generous layer of cheese.
- Sprinkle on the garlic pepper/italian seasonings, if using them.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
My husband and I loved these – the bread was warm and crispy and it was just heaven to bite into those veggies and melted cheese. And of course, we had a glass of wine with the baguette pizzas – French wine to go with the French bread!