I have tried 3-4 primersÂ till date and when I saw this vintage looking packaging of Benefit Dr feel good primer, I thought of giving it a try. For me, if I don’t prime my skin I consider it as a crime 😀 For a flawless looking skin and for makeup to stay for long time a primer is a must. So expecting the same from Benefit Primer I got the Dr feel good primer and this is what Dr Feel Good Primer claims:-
Why we love it!
Mattify shine with our invisible, weightless balm that leaves skin feeling silky-soft. Fabulous for mid-day touch-ups… this makeup artist fave can be worn alone, under or on top of makeup. Contains Vitamins A, C & E to help smooth away the appearance of fine lines.
How to apply
Pat and smooth over makeup with its accompanying sponge. Or, simply wear it alone.
Price – $28 24.0g Net wt. 0.85 oz
Reapply with a sponge for instant mid-day mattification that’s better than blotting papers! Works best when pressed onto the skin in a patting motion.
- Ingredients: Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate
- Packaging – It comes in a pretty cool vintage packaging with quite a amount of product in it.primer comes with a light weight soft sponge which is separated by a parchment paper.
Â My experience withÂ Benefit Cosmetics Dr Feel Good Primer:-
I previously was using L’oreal primer and I am completely in love with it.I have 2-3 back up of it as well .This Benefit primer is different in a way is that its light weight, contains Vitamin A, C and E and it can be used before and after the makeup .Looking at the ingredients which contain corn starch and all, I thought really high of this product.It’s quite a hit and a miss product, for me it works averagely.
It’s really light weight but it doesn’t help much in closing down the pores or reducing fine lines. After applying I was able to blend my foundation nicely but if I compare it with Loreal primer it did an average job.In terms of staying power it helps in staying makeup for long time and let the makeup last for about 12hrs.
Also, this suits me in winters when my skin is on the drier side. But in summers it doesn’t mattify, instead makes it more oilier so for oily skin it might not work that well.
Thing with its texture is that its not easy to spread even with sponge but I really like its fragrance. It’s lemony and so my types which makes me give it some extra points although those who have sensitive nose might not appreciate it that much.
Summing it up:-
What I like aboutÂ Benefit Cosmetics Dr Feel Good Primer:-
- Ingredients such as cornstarch Â and Vitamin A , C, E,
- Sturdy travel friendly tin packaging
- Its light weight, silky in texture andÂ mattifies skin.
- Makes makeup stay for 10 – 12 hrs easily
What I do not like about Benefit Cosmetics Dr Feel Good Primer:-
- It’s expensive and not easily available(Available in Sephora Delhi)
- Not suitable for oily skin
- Doesn’t covers pores and fine lines to a good extent
- Doesn’t spread on face that nicely.
- I don’t like using sponge again and again its makes me feel bit of unhygienic.
Will I recommend it to others – I think there are better primers available and it’s a hit and a miss product. Might work for some and might not work for others.
Have you tried Benefit Cosmetics Dr Feel Good Primer?
You might like reading these also:-
- Elle 18 Lipstick 26 Hot Pink Review & Swatches
- Dirty Works Vitamin C Brightening Mask Review
- 5 Worth Trying Hairstyles for Oblong Face Shape
- 4 Maybelline Matte Lipstick Reviews
- The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter Review
- DIY â€“ Rice Flour Scrub Recipe
- Lâ€™Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Stain Juliette Review & Swatch
- Coastal Scents Haul during Black Friday Sale
- Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 9 Review and Swatches
- How To Make Homemade Rose Water(With Step By Step Pictures)