Benefits & Uses Of Soaked Almond
Almonds, the little â€œdemonsâ€ from whom I used to run away when I was small and my mother running after me with a bowl of them. Yes, that was a scenario of my house, a usual one. Little did I know that these â€œdemonsâ€ are actually healthy, packed with protein, fiber and omega-3 and -6 fatty acids. Also is a rich source of Vitamin E, phosphorus, calcium, iron, magnesium and Vitamin B-Complex groups such as riboflavin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, Vitamin B-6 and contains zinc, selenium, copper, niacin and folate. Goshhhâ€¦so many..!!
So today Iâ€™ll be talking about the benefits and uses of soaked almond.
- Almonds are a perfect balance of proteins, carbohydrates and fats for optimum brain function. The reason our moms used to run behind us with bowls of soaked almonds.
Munch on a few soaked almond every evening. Itâ€™s a great savory snack.
- They are a wonderful source of even-burning and long lasting energy. Yes, burn fat and balance your blood sugar with soaked almonds for breakfast.
- The brown skin that protects the nut contains an enzyme inhibitor which restricts the release of absorbable nutrients in the nut and makes the nut difficult to digest as well. By soaking the almonds, you can easily get rid of the skin, harmful tannic acid and enzyme inhibitors making the nuts easy to digest and you can enjoy the nutrient value completely as well.
- Rich in calcium, build strong bones and teeth by having 5-6 soaked almonds daily.
- It regulates cholesterol, blood pressure and sugar levels.
- Soaked almonds are great for improving the texture of skin and hair.
Honey and Almond
One of my most favorite DIY skincare recipes and the easiest one as well.
Soak the almonds overnight. In the morning, peel the skins off and make a paste of them. Mix a spoon of honey with it. Apply and massage the mixture into skin and keep the mask on for 20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water to have beautifully moisturized, glowing skin.
Oatmeal and almond scrub
An awesome scrub which will help purify and deep cleanse the skin.
Take a tbsp of honey, oatmeal and crushed soaked almond in a bowl. Make sure you just crush the almonds and donâ€™t make a paste of them. Mix the ingredients together and massage on skin with circular motions. Keep it for 5 minutes and massage again. Wash off.
Sandalwood and Almond
Make a smooth paste of sandalwood powder and mix crushed soaked almond with it. Add rosewater. Apply this pack all over your face and neck, wait for 20 minutes to let the paste dry. Once dried completely, scrub it off gently. This pack helps to promote a smooth and toned complexion.
Besan and Almond
The traditional pack beautifying women since ages. Besan, a pinch of turmeric and almond paste. Mix them together with a little water to form a paste. Apply the pack all over your face and neck and keep it for 20 minutes before gently scrubbing and rinsing it off with normal water. Squeaky clean, flawless and acne free skin is the final result.
Soaked Almond Hair Pack
For hair it is best to eat the almonds. Regularly eating nutrient rich almonds as part of daily diet is very beneficial for hair and scalp.
But if you want to apply a pack on hair, here goes the recipe.
Take soaked almond and make a fine paste of it. Mix a 3-4 tbsp oil and honey with the paste and apply the pack on scalp and through the length of the hair. Keep the mixture for about an hour and wash it off. If possible donâ€™t shampoo your hair on that day.
For more amazing almond DIY recipes follow the link
Almond is a healthy choice for your body. The magic nuts full of nutrients work great, so make it a habit of munching on a few soaked almonds every evening.
Do you use almond in your beauty routine?
You might like to read:-