About Biotique Berberry RefreshingÂ CleansingÂ Lotion:-
This refreshing, non-foaming lotion is blended with berberry, red sandalwood, fenugreek, lodhra bark and almond oil to dissolve makeup and grime. Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.
Daur Haldi (Berberis aristata), Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), Rakt Chandan (Pterocarpus santalinus), Methi Trigonella foenum gracecum, Badamtail (Prunus amygdalus), Lotion Base Q.S.
- Price: Rs. 149 for 120 ml
Biotique Bio Berberry Refreshing Cleansing Lotion comes in the trademark Biotique packaging, the boring green and white bottle. The bottle does not have a dispenser or any nozzle kind of opening to dispense the product. So, when the bottle is titled to take out the product, a lot of product comes oozing out.
My Experience with Biotique Bio Berberry Refreshing Cleansing Lotion:-
As a cleanser
I have dry skin and during winters my skin turns very dry and flaky. So I like to use creamy cleansers on my face during winters.Â I need a small quantity of this cleanser and massage my face with it. During massaging my face, I keep wetting my hands with water as it spreads easily with water. I massage my face with this cleanser for a minute or two and then use my Body Shop facial buffer to clean it off with lukewarm water.Â At first I used to rinse it off with only lukewarm water but it used to leave a thin film on my face and I always used a facewash to get rid of the slight greasiness this would leave on my face. After using for a week, I read the instructions again and then started using Body Shop facial buffer to clean it off, and did not feel need to use a facewash. Biotique Bio Berberry Refreshing Cleansing Lotion does cleanse face of all impurities, dust and grime, but somehow my face doesâ€™nt feel squeaky clean after using this. I would prefer to use Ayur cleansing milk, which is my HG cleanser for all seasons.
As a makeup remover
The name says cleansing lotion and I expected it to be a makeup remover too. It does remove normal makeup like tinted foundation, blush. Thatâ€™s all I use. Canâ€™t say about other face products. Coming to water proof makeup like eyeliner, kohl and mascara, it does not remove water proof makeup rather it clumps such waterproof eye products and messes up badly. I am left with racoon eyes and need to use a facewash to remove all the residue makeup from my eyes and face. If it gets inside eyes, it stings a bad and my eyes get slightly hazy for 1-2 hours.
Coming to good points about Biotique Bio Berberry Refreshing Cleansing Lotion:-
- Good but not my HG cleanser for winters. I wonâ€™t be using this in summers.
- Packaging is travel friendly but even if we carry the bottle, wash cloth cannot be carried and used everywhere.
- It is quite creamy formula and easy to massage on the face.
- Good cleanser for normal to dry skin, but i wonâ€™t recommend it for oily skin.
- It did not break me out or stings on my dry skin.
- Fragrance is very mild and wonâ€™t bother even sensitive noses.
- Very reasonably priced.
- Easily available.
Coming to bad points about Biotique Bio Berberry Refreshing Cleansing Lotion:-
- Leaves a greasy film after use. So it wonâ€™t be suitable for oily skinned girls.
- Packaging should have been better, like a squeeze tube or nozzle dispenser in same packaging.
It did not suit me but it is worth trying, if you have dry skin. My advice to oily skinned ladies would be to stay away from it.
You might like reading these also:-
- The Body Shop Guarana Berry Volumising Shampoo Review
- Body Shop Gently Purify Refreshing Body Gel Review
- The Body Shop Aqua Lily Eau De Toilette Review
- The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter for Dry Hair Review
- Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream Review
- Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Mask Review
- The Body Shop Peppermint Reviving Foot Soak Review