Biotique Sea Kelp Face & Body Cleansing Gel Review
Iâ€™d used Bio Sea Kelp shampoo ages ago and never re-purchased it since it did not lather at all. It was a fairly nice shampoo but my oily tresses demand lather, lather and more lather 😛 Anyways, I donâ€™t mind compromising on lather when it comes to my face and especially if my product can multi-task :heh:. In case you havenâ€™t really heard of Sea Kelp, it is cold water seaweed rich in vitamins, nutrients and minerals. It helps to even out the skin tone.
About Biotique Sea Kelp Face & Body Cleansing Gel:-
A refreshing gel containing marine minerals along with Kelp and Sea weed. It cleanses without dehydrating. Removes all microbes and pollutants.
- Quantity: 210 ml
- Price: INR 180
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg date
- Directions: Apply appropriate amount. Wash well.
- Seakelp Ext (Sajjkhar) 1.5%
- Melia Azadirachta Ext (Neem Chhal Kwath) 1.5%
- Berberis Aristata Ext (Daruhaldi Kwath) 0.25%
- Eclipta Alba Ext (Bhringraj Kwath) 2.0%
- Sapindus Trifoliatus Ext (Arishtak Kwath) 4%
- Purified Water (Parishrut Jal) q.s.
- Packaging:-The product comes in a hard plastic bottle with a screw cap. Since it is translucent it is easy to decipher how much product is left in the bottle. When I opened the cap I was shocked to find a wide gaping mouth. There was no nozzle. Since the gel is thick the wide mouth makes sense and itâ€™s easy to control the flow of product.
- Color & Consistency:-It is a lovely aqua blue colored gel. The consistency is neither runny nor goopy.
- Fragrance-The fragrance is soooo fresh and uplifting! It smells minty and ocean-y. Itâ€™s like what products with sea minerals smell like and since itâ€™s a unsiex fragrance, this is going to be loved by both men and women.
My experience with Biotique Sea Kelp Face & Body Cleansing Gel:-
Since the gel is fairly thick, it is easy to pour out the required amount of product onto the palm. I need just little more than a coin-sized drop for my face and whole body. It spreads easily and the blue gel does turn white while massaging but though it looks all bubbly in the bottle, it doesnâ€™t lather. This is because it is 100% soap-free and contains no Sulphates which is actually a good thing. When used with a loofah you can work up a mild lather but it will not foam much. The gel feels tingly and is such a pleasure to use. The minty aroma adds to the experience and I feel really refreshed and clean. It removes all traces of grime and does not make skin overly dry. But it doesnâ€™t have any moisturizing properties so it is imperative to follow up with a good moisturizer especially if you have dry skin. It does not sting or irritate skin and did not break me out. I love that it can be used on both face and body since it saves time. Plus, itâ€™s great to carry while travelling since it negates the need to carry a separate face wash. Wish I could use it on my hair too then I donâ€™t have to carry a shampoo as well 😀 Yeaâ€¦we can never find enough uses for one product 😉 Biotique also has a Sea kelp shampoo cum body wash and the ingredients are pretty similar. But the one for hair does have soap nut (ritha) while this doesnâ€™t and I havenâ€™t experimented with this on my hair so letâ€™s not get into that. Itâ€™s great to kick-start the morning with this since it really wakes you up. This is also a great addition to your gym bag or beach bag since it would be amazing to use this after a strenuous workout or a day spent at the beach. Itâ€™s nice to use on a hot and humid day as well and after a long day at work. Aaahâ€¦I could go on and on! :cute:
Isnâ€™t that blue fly cute? It actually matches the shower gel :giggle:
What I like about Bio Seakelp Face & Body Cleansing Gel:-
- 100% soap-free
- All herbal ingredients
- Can be used on the face as well as body
- Refreshing and uplifting fragrance
- Skin feels tingly fresh and clean after use
- Removes microbes and pollutants
- Can get it to lather mildly if used with a loofah
- Does not sting/irritate skin or cause break-outs
- Travel-friendly packaging and you donâ€™t need to carry a separate face wash
- Great addition to your gym bag/ beach bag
- Unisex fragrance and packaging. Men are going to love this for sure.
- One bottle will last for many months
- No parabens or sulphates
- Reasonably priced for the quantity and quality
- Easily available
What I donâ€™t like about Bio Seakelp Face & Body Cleansing Gel:-
- Those who like their shower gel to lather well will not like this
- Not moisturizing
- Wish it was available in a smaller size as well
The last word:
This is a must-have for summers but Iâ€™m equally enjoying it in the monsoons as well. If you donâ€™t mind the fact that it doesnâ€™t foam, do give it a go.
Have you triedÂ Biotique Sea Kelp Face & Body Cleansing Gel?
You might like reading these: