Moving to France has given me easy access to fruits and veggies that aren’t widely available in India and blueberries are one such fruit. I discovered them on sale at our grocer and decided to bake some cookies with them.
Ingredients: Blueberry Cookies Recipe:-
- Butter – 1 cup (at room temperature)
- Brown sugar – 3/4 cup
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Flour – 1 3/4 cups
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Blueberries – 1 cup
Method andÂ PreparationÂ : Blueberry Cookies
1. Mix butter and sugar together in a large bowl until smooth. Then add in the egg and vanilla and combine.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
3. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
4. Add the milk and mix well to form the dough. Add additional milk if the dough looks dry.
5. Gently mix in the blueberries.
6. Refrigerate the dough for 30 mins.
7. Preheat oven to 190Â°C.
8. Roll the chilled dough into small balls and place on a baking sheet covered tray. Bake for approx. 10 mins until they are a light golden brown around the edges.
These cookies came out beautifully. They were fluffy and soft and I loved the juicy blueberries that came with every bite. If you ever come across blueberries, do try this recipe. You won’t regret it!
You might like reading these also:-