The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter Review – Letâ€™s play a liâ€™l word-association game. Oh by the way, thatâ€™s one of my favorite games 😛 Okay, what is the first thing that comes to your mind when I say the word â€œBUTTERâ€? Now if youâ€™re a typical Indian youâ€™d probably be thinking of Amul Butter 😉 Atleast, thatâ€™s what I wouldâ€¦.until I discovered this beauty! :inlove: Do let me know in the comments what you thought of. :cute:
About The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter:
This cleanser is an indulgent make-up remover for the whole face. It gently and efficiently melts away make-up and impurities, leaving skin feeling clean, refreshed and pampered.
- Gently melts away make-up
- Leaves skin feeling clean and petal-soft
- Removes all types of make-up
- Suitable for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers
- Quantity: Â 90ml
- Price: INR 895.
- Shelf life: 30 months from mfg date. After opening, use within 12 months.
- Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent – Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).
It comes in a lightweight aluminium tin thatâ€™s pretty slim and flat. The tin is absolutely leak proof (since the product is in solid form) and is a delight to travel with. One minor issue is that since the tin is made up of aluminium, one fall and youâ€™ll end up with a deformed or dented tub. You have to twist the lid just once to open and you get a wide gaping mouth with the product apparent in its full glory. Not the most hygienic of packaging since a whole lot of product is exposed once you open the tub and having to dip your fingers in each time to pick up product is truly a cause for concern. But the good news is that since the mouth of the tub is really wide, you wonâ€™t get product into your nails since you can easily slide your fingers over the surface of the product without having to actually dig it out.
On the downside, once you pick up some product and apply and feel the need to pick up more of the butter, youâ€™ll need to wash your hands, dry them and then continue. Not a good thing when youâ€™re pressed for time but once you get the hang of exactly how much product youâ€™ll need per use, you can easily avoid the previously mentioned scenario. Another option (and one I highly recommend) is to use a spatula to scoop out product. I did try picking up the cleansing butter using a facial scrublet to avoid dipping my fingers in, but it left the scrublet a bit greasy and difficult to wash clean.
Has a really mild chamomile scent that is soothing. It is in no way strong and will not bother those who prefer unscented products. The fragrance is barely discernible during usage and almost disappears once washed off.
Color & Consistency:
Now this is the highlight of this product. It product is in solid form, unlike conventional makeup removers. It has a balmy consistency and is translucent white in color. What I also like is that the product does not separate or form an oily layer on top. As always, you can expect great quality from The Body Shop. :yes:
How to use:
â€œApply to dry face and massage into skin. Rinse off with warm water or remove with a wet muslin cloth for a more thorough cleanse.â€
That is what it says on the tub and it is precisely how I used it the first two times. But I found that I was using more product than necessary. I soon discovered that massaging the balm on mildly damp skin is the best way to use this since it spreads far more easily and you need just a pea-sized amount per use. Hereâ€™s how I recommend using this:
- Splash water on face
- Using clean & dry fingers/spatula, pick up a pea-sized amount of product
- Rub it between your fingers to melt the butter a bit
- Apply on damp skin and gently rub in circular motion
- Either wash off with water or wipe with a cotton pad/muslin cloth
- You could stop here if you wiped it off. But since I usually wash it off with plain water, I like to go ahead and double-cleanse using a face wash particularly if I have a lot of makeup on. Else, I simply use a toner that lifts impurities and swipe any residue away with a cotton pad
My experience with The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter:
As some of you may have already guessed, this is very similar to Clinique cleansing balm in form and concept. The Clinique one has been on my lust list and the only thing keeping me away was the heavy glass tub that is just not travel-friendly. This, on the other hand, is delightfully light and easy to carry.
At first glance, the balm looks similar to the texture of petroleum jelly but it is not as greasy when applied. Itâ€™s almost like a gel-balm and does not feel very sticky or oily. It melts on contact with skin and completely dissolves all grease, grime and makeup including long-wearing foundation and waterproof mascara! :yes:
I have very sensitive eyes, and eye makeup removal is an uncomfortable experience since most removers sting my eyes. If not the remover, my eyes get irritated when eye makeup enters it while cleansing. This product changed all that! I rubbed this all over my eyes with eye makeup on including waterproof mascara on and it didnâ€™t sting one teeny bit even when I opened my eyes midway!! 😯 In fact, it felt like this soothed my eyes and made them less prone to irritation. Also, removing waterproof mascaras has always been a pain and I sometimes lose a lash or two in the process. This product makes mascara-removal a pure treat and lifts product easily without having to apply too much pressure. Am truly amazed and deeply in love :heart:
Another thing I assumed was that this would leave behind an oily residue and I would have to follow up with a foaming cleanser to combat stickiness. Not true! I was surprised to find that once was washed off, skin did not look or feel all that oily. This leaves skin feeling smooth, soft, moisturized and a bit plump. Those with oily skin/ large, open pores/ acne-prone skin had better follow up with a foaming cleanser just to be on the safer side. I have very oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin and this neither made my skin go into oil-overdrive nor gave me breakouts. So yes, this will easily suit ALL skin types. :yes:
In the above image, I have swatched the following products (you can click on each to read the respective reviews)
All the products including the infallible Colorbar pencils dissolved easily except the Hypersharp liner. While washing it all off, I had to rub very little and the liner gave way easily too. To show you how non-greasy this butter is, I have just lighted patted my skin dry without properly wiping it off. You can see how this does not leave behind any residue at all. But please note that I have dry skin on my hands and thatâ€™s why it rinsed out super-clean.
What I like about The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter:
- Lightweight, leak-proof, travel-friendly packaging
- Wide-mouthed tub ensures you donâ€™t get product into your nails
- Cleansing butter is balm-like and melts on contact with skin
- Dissolves grease, grime and all makeup including long-wearing foundation and waterproof mascara
- Gentle on skin. No vigorous rubbing required
- Does not leave behind any sticky residue
- Very mild, soothing fragrance
- Leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and supple
- Does not cause breakouts. Suitable for sensitive or acne-prone skin
- Does not irritate eyes at all. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact-lens wearers
- Will suit all skin types
- May seem expensive at first, but one tub lasts really long and you need very little product per use
What donâ€™t I like about The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter:
- Tub packaging can be unhygienicÂ & inconvenient to use particularly since you have to sanitize your hands each time you want to pick up more product
Can I write an ode to this product here?? :silly: This cleansing butter has made makeup removal a spa experience instead of a mere boring chore. It lifts all makeup with ease without ever irritating skin. You can easily use this as your regular facial cleanser although this appears to be intended for makeup removal. This does not dry out skin, maintains pH level, and does not feel sticky or tacky after removal. Another bonus is that you donâ€™t need to carry a separate eye makeup remover and face makeup remover while travelling. :yippee: I highly recommend this product andÂ Iâ€™m quite sure that it is by now apparent that Iâ€™m sooo in LOVE! :heart: :cute: