I like strawberry shower gel, so here comes the body butter too. Â I personally think body shopâ€™s one of the best product is their body butter. Â I wanted to try this strawberry butter for the longest time simply cause the tub looks super cute. Â And then I wanted to write this review for more than 8 months now ..lol ! Â So you see I was so excited when I got this tub that I look the pictures with the plastic wrap 🙂
- ProductÂ ~ Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
- For Skin TypeÂ ~ Normal Skin
- PriceÂ ~ SGD 39.90 OR INR 745 Â 200ml Â [ INR should be same as any 200ml body butter]
- Product ClaimÂ ~Â An intensive creamy all-over body moisturiser, offering up to 24 hours moisturisation with a sweet berry fragrance. It contains moisturizing strawberry seed oil and Community Trade shea and cocoa butter.
- Â How to use ~Â Scoop out with your fingers and massage into your skin, as often as required. Â
My Experience withÂ Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter is for Normal SkinÂ and comes in two sizes: 6.7 oz. and 2 oz. Both sizes come in a wide, red, plastic tub with a red screw-on lid. The sticker on the lid has a picture of fresh strawberries on it which by the way looks very tempting to me! Â The cream itself in pale pink colour which is llooks white only. Although its full of rich emollients, it is designated forÂ normalÂ skin.
Main ingredients are
- Â Strawberry seed oil – Provides omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that help to repair the moisture barrier of the skin, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
- Shea butter – Has a high level of antioxidant vitamins a, e and f, which help to protect and nourish the skin. Â Moisturises and helps soften the skin. Provides a rural community of women with regular work and income.
- Cocoa butter – Is an excellent moisturiser that melts at body temperature, leaving the skin feeling soft and silky smooth.
Ingredients (taken from packaging):Â
Water, shea butter, cyclomethicone, glycerin, cocoa butter, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, cetearyl alcohol, lanolin alcohol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben, xantham gum, strawberry seed oil, tocopherol, benzyl alcohol, disodium EDTA, limonene, sodium hydroxide, cinnamal, rosemary leaf extract, linalool, citral, caramel, red 4.
As obvious this body butter is full of Â strawberry fragrance and is thick and smooth. It applies to skin easily and absorbs quickly. It’s not at all greasy or waxy. It has the same nice texture as many of The Body Shop’s other Body Butters and The scent lingers for several hours. Â I could smell the strawberry scent of this Body Butter for several hours after application.It is still an excellent moisturizer. When my skin is super dry, it doesn’t quite moisturize my skin all day.
Overall itâ€™s a good product withÂ great scent that lasts, great moisturizer,Â soothesÂ and smoothes skinÂ but if you dont like strawberry Â or say strawberry fragrance then ya itâ€™s not for you.
Â Cons ~ I donâ€™t find any.. Â But some may find the smell to be strong, once you apply the cream you will notice that itâ€™s not that strong then what it initially smells like.
I can sure repurchase this but then there so many other things to try 🙂
You might like reading these also:-
- The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Review
- Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask Review
- The Body Shop 100% Natural Lip Roll-on in Coconut Review
- The Body Shop Sparkle Eyeliner Ocean Green Review & Swatches
- Body Shop Shampoo Suggestions
- The Body Shop (SPA Wisdom Japan) Body Milk Review
- Body Shop Shea Shower Cream Review
- The Body Shop Guarana Berry Volumising Shampoo Review
- Body Shop Gently Purify Refreshing Body Gel Review
- The Body Shop Aqua Lily Eau De Toilette Review