If you are looking for to create a smoky eye look with minimum hassle- this is the eye shadow for you. Bourjois Intense Black-01 is a great addition to its existing eye shadow range and rightly gives the modern women their little â€˜Joie de Vivreâ€™ and makes them feel beautiful and mysterious instantly-â€˜spÃ©ciale et belleâ€™!
Surely a great product from the 140 years old cosmetic giant, the Bourjois Intense Black is my personal favorite. Letâ€™s take a closer look at the product and what it does:
- Price: Â£6.99 at Superdrugs, UK
- Net Weight: 2.5 grams/ 0.009 OZ
Bourjois Ombre Stretch in Intense Black Eyeshadow Claims:-
The nylon micro-sphere or the â€˜micro-sphÃ©res de nylonâ€™ promises a great build up which is great if you are looking for some dramatic touches as it is ultra-stretchable. In other words, the color is buildable.
- Packaging: Comes in a very sleek and convenient compact case, which has the eye shadow on one side and a nice mirror on the other- very handy indeed! The snap shut case makes it a good one to carry on your holidays as well- no spills and messes! Oh yes! It comes with an eye shadow brush as well. Hmmâ€¦not the best one, but you can use it comfortably, especially for contouring the socket and it is soft 🙂
Â My Experiences with Bourjois Ombre Stretch Intense Black Eyeshadow:-
If you are looking for a smoky eye look, you will love it. However, it is not intense black as the name claims to be. In fact, it is a very dark grey. However, the color is nice and is very wearable. You will have to be a bit careful while putting the product on your eye- it tends to fly quite a bit. Just be careful to tap off the extra product right on the case. You can intensify the look with a dash of gel eyeliner to your upper and lower waterline and lash line, – I do it! You will have dark deep intense (mysterious?) eyes!
The first one is just a single swipe of the color, second one is the dry application and the dark one is wet application.
The Bourjois Ombre Stretch in Intense Black can be applied both dry and wet- you will love the dark dramatic and intense wet effect. (see the difference yourself!) Over all the product is creamy and easy to work with- or I will rather say easy to build up color for an intense look. One more thing I noticed that it has a reasonable staying power if you prep your skin well- stays well for 7-8 hours. (Might be lesser in the humid summers!)
Recommendation: Yes, I would recommend it to a friend and would but it again. Very affordable as well.
Cons: Not the blackest of the black, but a dark grey shade
You might like reading these also:-
- Inglot AMC Eyeshadow 60(Yellow) Review, Swatches & EOTD
- Hilary Duff Inspired Makeup Tutorial This Valentine
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette Review & Swatches
- Look Book – Illamasqua Queen Of The Night Pigment Review,Swatches
- Editorial Style Double Winged Eye Makeup Tutorial & FOTD
- New Year Shimmery Mauve Eye Makeup Tutorial
- The Jewel Noir (Midnight Jewel)/Wedding Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Sleek Makeup Kohl Pencil Mossberry 747 Review, Swatches & EOTD