Today I am going to review one of my favourite brown eye shadow from Bourjois Paris. I reach out to this shade maximum times a year. My love for this shadow will never ever waver for sure. I am seriously committed to it. 😀
About Bourjois Paris Extrait Intense Eyeshadow:
It is made from 87% mineral pigments, precisely measured and selected, intense is highly concentrated for 2 x more coverage than a classic eyeshadow in one single application.
- > Our iconic eye shadows have been womenâ€™s beauty favorite for almost 150 years.
- > The formula is manufactured using Bourjoisâ€™ unique baking process for radiant color, silky textures and perfect blending.
- > Intense is made up from mineral pigments. It is hypoallergenic, paraben- and fragrance-free and suitable for contact lens wearers.
- > It lasts for up to 16 hours*
* Scientifically tested on 100 panelists
TheÂ essential shades, to illuminate and sculpt the eyes (01, 02, 03, 09, 10)
TheÂ dramatic shadesÂ to intensify the eyes (04, 05, 06, 07, 08)
Price- Rs 575 for 1g
My take on Bourjois Paris Extrait Intense Eyeshadow 08:
Packaging: These shadows come in small compact pan packaging with magnetic lock mechanism. The pan color of all shadows in this range is similar to the shade of the shadow. A small round mirror is lodged at the inner side of the cover. These are small and quite travel friendly too. However, with time I noticed these baked shadows have the tendency of getting dislodged from the pan.
Shadewise: The shade number 8 is a pretty warm sienna brown color with very fine brown gold shimmer embedded in it. Shimmers are very fine and never show any kind of fall out. This shadow has pearl finish and shimmers are finely distributed throughout the shadow. Despite being shimmery I find this shade very much wearable.
This range has following shades:
- Extrait 01- Olive green gold
- Extrait 02- Beige with silver shimmer
- Extrait 03- Pink Beige with silver shimmer
- Extrait 04- Deep Purple
- Extrait 05- Deep Green
- Extrait 06- Denim Blue
- Extrait 07- Khaki Brown
- Extrait 08- Sienna Brown with brown gold shimmer
- Extrait 09-Intense Dark Brown
- Extrait 10- Intense Matte blackÂ
Texture & Finish: These shadows are baked but unlike other baked eye shadows, these are buttery soft to touch. The texture of the shadow is soft and velvety smooth. Just one swipe picks much product and I did not have to swipe it anymore to build up the shade. It has pearlescent finish with micro shimmers. These do not harden up with time. Formula wise I have been completely bowled out. 😀
Pigmentation: It is one of the most pigmented eye shadows from this entire range. I have never found any baked eye shadow till date as pigmented as this one. I just have to swipe once or maximum twice to achieve desired intensity.
Longevity: This eye shadow is one of the long staying eye shadows I have ever come across with. Without an eye primer it stays on my eyes for 4-5 hours with minimal creasing towards the end. With a primer it stays for 8 hours with no creasing or fall out.
What I liked about Bourjois Paris Extrait Intense Eyeshadow 08:
- -It is a pretty sienna brown shade with fine brown gold shimmers.
- -Packaging is travel friendly.
- -It comes with a mirror thus useful for touch ups.
- -This is one of the most pigmented eye shadows in this range.
- -The texture of the shadow is buttery soft and smooth, unlike other baked eye shadows.
- -It has magnetic lock system.
- -With time, this does not harden much.
- -Without a primer it stays on my eyes for 5+ hours with minimal creasing, with a primer it stays for 8+ hours on my eyes.
- -Shimmers are finely distributed and does not look OTT.
- -I did not experience any kind of fall out.
- -These are hypoallergenic, paraben and fragrance free.
- -Some 10 different pretty shades are available in this range.
- -These are mineral enriched eye shadows.
What I did not like about Bourjois Paris Extrait Intense Eyeshadow 08:
- -Only 1 gm is provided for Rs 575
- -Price hiked from Rs 410 to Rs 575.
- -No brush or sponge applicator is provided. (Not a con for me)
- Packaging: 5 out of 5
- Shadewise: 5 out of 5
- Pigmentation: 5 out of 5
- Texture & Finish: 5 out of 5
- Longevity: 5 out of 5
Overall Rating: 5 out 5
Will I repurchase it?Â I already have got a back up for this shadow 🙂 I have this real bad habit of buying two pieces of everything which I find to be awesome. 😀
My Overall Recommendation:Â Highly Recommended! This is a must have shade from the entire range I feel.
Have you tried Bourjois Paris Extrait Intense Eyeshadow 08?
You might like to read:-