â€œRed lipstick is to women, what sports cars to menâ€ -So rightly said.
I have seen in some beauty news video tracking menâ€™s eye movements, which shows women in red garnered a lingering 7.3 second gaze, while those wearing pinks and naturals got 2.2 seconds. But red lipstick is about more than just getting noticed. A key to instant gorgeous glamourÂ that brightens the face and can actually make youÂ feel more confident. It is an ageless beauty wonder.
My todayâ€™s post is on such a wonder from my vanity, its Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in shade number 13- Rouge Jet Set
About Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick:
Calling all fashionistas out thereâ€¦ this new lipstick is for you!
Itâ€™s ready to wear formula is enriched with Â¼ of pure laque for a radiant, glossy finish and orchid blossom extract so it glides onto the lips leaving them feeling smooth, hydrated and protected for up to 10 hours.
A â€œmust-haveâ€ lipstick for every womanâ€™s make-up bag. Tested and approved by fashion lovers.
Available in 18 fashionable shades from natural nudes to pretty pinks, colour-blocking corals and classic reds, there are so many to choose from! A shade for every outfit and style!
Stylish and sleek in design, it is the perfect fashion accessory for that trendsetting smile!
- Price and Quantity: I bought it when it was INR 775. Now price has hiked to INR 955 for 3.5 g.You can buy from here
- Packaging:The lipstick comes in a sturdy black rectangular case with a transparent pot underneath. The pot is not detachable, but makes it easier to detect shades. Shade name written on the cap and the number written at the base. One has to pull open the shade tag to read the ingredients that are written inside.
- Shade:Rouge Jet Set (13) is said to be â€œan ultra glamorous classic redâ€. To me it is a deep, sultry, hot rod red which looks very elegant, bold and sophisticated, an ultimate scarlet for every skin tone.
The formula is said to be enriched with Orchid Blossom Extract for 10 hours of hydration. It is creamy and buttery soft with a high-gloss sheen that feels great onÂ my chapped winter lips, keeps them moisturized and prevent from further drying out. The super moisturizing formula helps to glide on thick and creamy without streaking, and never feels heavy on lips. It doesnâ€™t bleed, doesnâ€™t settle into fine lines and neither highlights patches.
It has completely rich and utterly beautiful color payoff. TheÂ hand swatchÂ shows the colour intensity atÂ one swipe.
It is mindblowing-ly long-lasting through both dinner and drinks. I wore it for 7hours at a stretch, and when I came back home and looked into the mirror, it felt like I was wearing some classy matte red, the glossiness was gone, but the stain was intact.
Â Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 13 Rouge Jet Set Swatches:
Summing up my â€œLikesâ€ and â€œDislikesâ€:
What I like about Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 13- Rouge Jet Set:
- Iconic, bright, powerful red.
- Heavenly creamy texture, yet light on lips.
- Super moisturizing, lips remain hydrated for hours.
- Glides on buttery-soft, feels luxuriously smooth.
- Doesnâ€™t bleed.
- Doesnâ€™t settle into fine lines.
- Doesnâ€™t highlight patches.
- Beautifully pigmented.
- Covers lip pigmentation.
- Stays long.
- Simple, yet elegant packaging.
- It is worth each and every penny I spent.
What I don’t like about Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 13- Rouge Jet Set:
- Limited availability in India. Though is widely available outside.
- Price might be an issue for some.
Would I repurchase Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 13- Rouge Jet Set?
Yes, and other shades too. Iâ€™m planning to buy Peche Cosy, Orange Pop, Rouge Buzz and Fraise Remix next.
Would I recommend Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 13- Rouge Jet Set to others?
This lippy has truly impressed me, so a big Yes.
A few months ago I believed that smile is the only thing one can wear at any age and anywhere, it never goes out of fashion. Then came red lipsticks into my life….and rest is history… 😀
Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in shade number 13- Rouge Jet Set has increased my love for red lippies. Love it.