Coming back to the eye shadow reviews, this one from bourjois was an online purchase. As always I bought it since it looked very gorgeous from across my laptop screen. 😛
Read on to know more about it.
Price: INR 700 when I bought it, it is on the higher side now.
About Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio Eye Shadow :
Smoky Eyes trio Eye Shadow-Vert Trendy for a fail proof, sophisticated smoky eye look that lasts 8 hours!
Contained in a modern and feminine compact case, are three hues of complementary intensity. At the back, professional make-up artist tips will help you to achieve step by step a â€œclassic smokyâ€ or a â€œfashion smokyâ€ eye look.
Manufactured with the same process which has made our Little Round Pots famous since 1863, these eyeshadows possess the same qualities of flexibility and softness: an ultra fine, silky, micronised formula for an amazing blend, lasting 8 hours.
The ergonomic, double-tipped applicator has been specially designed to outline your eyes according to your wishes.
And whatâ€™s more, its formula respects the delicate eye area: Enriched with mineral powders, Free of fragrance, Dermatologically tested
Use it this way:
- Sweep a fair, radiant, sheer shade under the brow bone and on the inner corner of the eye to make your eyes look brighter.
- Blend and stretch on the mobile lid a medium shade to enhance your eyes with colour.
- Apply a dark shade, highly concentrated in pigments to outline and sculpt the eyes.
My experience with Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio Eye Shadow Vert Trendy:
This comes as a very cute trio eyeshadow palette with a transparent plastic case. It is very attractive to look at. Dual ended eye shadow applicator comes along with this one which I use to remove makeup from the under eye area instead of using it for eye shadow application since it is pathetic as an applicator.
There are 8 variants available but I picked up this green one because I wanted to own something in green for a long time. These are 3 shades with metallic finish. The lightest one is slight mint green with hints of golden metallic shimmer, the middle one is metallic dark green and the darkest one is blackish green to be used in the outer corner of the eye. I love the metallic finish they have.
These are very satiny to touch. Since they are baked eye shadows, the brand says they can be used both wet and dry. However, with a wet brush they are a little difficult to work with and do not give as good pigmentation as it gives on being used dry. I picked it up mainly for the green smoky eye look. This makes a beautiful palette for the night time. Otherwise, I can use these shades individually in other eye makeup looks in day time too. The finish is really impressive and metallic green being my favourite- I love it even more.
Staying power is good 4-5 hours but not 8 hours as claimed and after you remove them the golden, shimmer particles tend to stick to your eyes.
Overall, these have a great concept and perfect for green smokey eye look but I would still say that the pricing could have been better.
Why I like Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio Eye Shadow Vert Trendy:
- Attractive packaging.
- Comes in 8 color variants to create a smoky look in each.
- Have a satiny feel.
- Metallic finish is beautiful.
- Look great in the evening time.
- You do not have to open up so many different eye shadows to create a green smoky look.
- Decent staying power.
Why I do not like Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio Eye Shadow Vert Trendy:
- Relatively difficult to work with when used with wet brush.
- Shimmer remains even after removing it.
Until next time, take care!
Have you tried Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio Eye Shadow Vert Trendy?
You might also like reading these:-
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Exfoliate Your Skin
- DIY â€“ Homemade Amla & Onion Hair Fall Treatment
- Oxyglow Honey & Papaya Enzymes Scrub Review
- Feeling Bronzy With Physicians Formula Organic Wear Blush Bronzer
- Sonia Kashuk All Covered Up Concealer in Wheat Review & Swatches
- Lâ€™Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick in Maple Mocha Review & Swatches
- Hurraw! Lime Lip Balm Review