Bourjois, being one of the oldest brands of makeup hailing from the 19th century has always been ahead of time in delivering cult classics and affordable cosmetics every year. Today their mascaras, eye pencil and lip glosses as well as the famed Healthy Mix foundation reign the beauty mass market and is favored by all.
On a hunt for some ultra black mascaras in the market, I came across this one at New Beauty Centre in Khar, Mumbai and bought it without reading any reveiws.
What Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Black Mascara Claims:-
A STRIKING LOOK IN AN INSTANT !
ONE COAT THICKENING MASCARA: ULTRA BLACKThe Ultra Black edition of Volume Glamour mascara: enriched with black mineral pigments for the ultimate in glamourous lashes.
Its formula enriched with silicone and natural wax provides 50% more volume!
Whatâ€™s more, its full roller brush allows for precise application without clumps.
Its unfortunate that Bourjois products in India come without a pack and are generally sold open like vegetables. Since they do not have testers for mascara, they generally open the fresh pieces to show the mascara brush and thats where the expiry of the mascara starts. In case they have opened the mascara and not sold for 6 months, the purchaser ends up buying an expired mascara. So be carfeul and see that you don’t pick up an opened mascara.
The tube is matte jet black with silver imprints. They do not mention ingredients anywhere so I got themwww.ewg.org.
I loveÂ gooeyÂ formulas against too liquidy ones or dry ones. Each formula does have a purpose though. The liquid formulas are very volumizing where as dry ones are lengthening. But theÂ gooeyÂ ones volumize, lengthen and curl. The carbon pigments in the mascara delivers jet black soft luscious lashes that incrediblyÂ separateÂ and define each lash. The mascara brush is long with nylon bristles that help coat each lash.
Since the formula is gel like it does not feel heavy on application.
Water, Parafin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Carnauba Wax, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Isododecane, Dimethiconol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Pheonoxyethanol, Rice Bran Wax, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Isobuytlparaben. May contain Carmine, Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica
Since Bourjois does not have PETA labels there is a possibility that these products have undergone some animal testing.
On curled lashes, wiggle the wand from root to tip. Add a top coat to seperate any clumps and make lashes appear like small tubes. Push at the base of lashes for 5-10 seconds to hold the curl. The lashes look long and flirty.
Bourjois Volume Glamour Day (Without mascara)
Â With Mascara
What I like aboutÂ Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Black Mascara:-
- Ultra black formula that creates luscious lashes on application
What I do not Â like aboutÂ Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Black Mascara:-
- Contains parabens, should not be a concern for most Indian eyes.
- Clumps on 2-3 coats but using a lash comb would take them off.
- Not waterproof but does not come out easily too
PRICE -Â Rs.480 INR approx.
Yes, this is a lovely mascara to try out.
You might like reading these also:-
- Bourjois Ombre Stretch in Intense Black Eyeshadow Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Smokey Eyes eyeshadow Trio 04 Nude IngÃ©nue Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Volumizer Mascara Review
- Best Bourjois Products 2011
- Bourjois Pastel Teint Essential Pressed Powder 68 Dore Review
- Bourjois Blush in Rose Frission Swatches & Review
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara Photos
- 4 Swatches Of Bourjois Bio Detox Perfecting Powder
- 6 Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencils Swatches and Review
- Bourjois Wet/Dry Eye Shadow (Ombre A Paupieres) Review