Hubby and me are not very fond of having cabbage butÂ healthy benefits of cabbage are numerous and this made me include this vegetable in different way in our life.I like chanke ki dal and know many chana dal recipes too.Will share with you people some time.Chane ki dal is rich with proteins and nutrients and when we mix it with cabbage then it is a perfect Indian vegetarian recipe.
So without wasting further time let me share my easy hot and spicy cabbage recipe with you
Serves – 2-3
2 cups cabbage leafs
1/2 cup chane ki dal (Bengal gram)
2 chopped green chillies.(You can use one if you do not want too spicy )
1 inch ginger piece finely chopped or grated
2 small potatoes (chopped)
4-5 curry leaves
1/2 tsp curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1.5 tsp coriander powder
Salt as per taste
1Â tbsp oil
Kitchen king masala or pao bhaji masala for additional kick to the recipe.(You can skip it if you want)
Method and Preparation:-
- Step1 – Wash the cabbage and slice them or chopp them .Remove all the excess water from the cabbage.Before cutting cabbage soak chana dal for about 15- 20 minutes and boil it.with salt and turmeric powder and water.
- Step2- Boil the chana dalÂ in a pressure cooker such that it is not too mushy.If you do not have too hard water then it will take 2 whistle maximum.After cooking the dal if you find that it is bit under cooked then you can further cook it with cabbage.
- Step3– Take a pan add oil .When oil is hot add curry leaves and mustard seeds .
- Step4 – Add chopped cabbage and stirr fry it for few minutes. Keep stirring it on high flame till the cabbage start changing color.
- Step5 – Add chopped tomatoes, green chillies, grated ginger, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and pao bhaji masala.Mixx all the masalas properly.
- Step6 – Now lower the flame and add some water in it if the cabbage becomes too try and start sticking to the pan.
- Step7 – Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook till tomatoes are done.
- Step8 – Add the boiled chane ki dal and mix it up again.Cooking for few minutes more so that all masalas get absorbed in each other.
Patta gobi and chane ki dal is finally done. … I have explained you the process in detail otherwise it doesn’t take more than 15 minutes in cooking.
Serve this with chapati , parantha, rice .Best you can do is to serve it with some butter milk or boondi raita.Yummmm!!!!
You might like these cabbage recipes as well