With the festive season in full swing, itâ€™s time to set aside those boring, lifeless mattes and bring on the *shimmer*, *shine* and *sparkle*! I love shimmery shadows although I hardly ever wear them 😐 But festivals and family weddings call for some drama and I wanted a nice palette with golden hues that I could wear with traditional Indian outfits. This fits the bill beautifully.
About Chambor Trio Eyeshadow Coffee Shimmer :-
Let your eyes do the talking this season, with Chambor’s set of 3 ultra smooth eye shadow colours. True to its name, the ‘Trio Eye shadow‘ comes in 3 shades that beautifully play off each other to enhance your eyes.
Each shade set has been created keeping in mind a specific color combination which lets you experiment with various looks.
- Quantity: 6 gms
- Price: INR
- Shelf life: 3 years from manufacture date
It comes in a glossy, navy blue, plastic case with the trademark Chambor Rose in the center. The packaging looks chic and is very sturdy. It also cute and compact and will easily fit into the smallest of purses. The press of a button opens the case to reveal a medium-sized mirror and a double-ended sponge tip applicator.
The chamber rose is embossed on each individual shade as well. The shadows are housed side-by-side in 3 mini compartments and if you own more than one of these trios you can easily depot them and add the combination of shades you prefer. To depot them all you have to do is tilt the packaging and the shadows simply pop out. Iâ€™m not sure if this is actually supposed to happen since I can see a dot of glue beneath the pan 🙂 Iâ€™m guessing it could be because of all the traveling I did with this in my pouch 😕 . The applicator (as always) is pretty useless since it picks up way too much product and leads to a lot of wastage because the sponge absorbs more colors rather than depositing it.
The three shades include:
- Shimmery bronze
- Shimmery gold with a hint of copper
- Earthy brown. I guess the brown is supposed to be a true matte shade but mine has flecks of glitter in it which probably is just the fall-out from the other shimmery shades.
- Texture: The colors are very soft, smooth and easy to blend. They almost feel like creamy powder. The shimmer appears chunky but is not at all gritty and not felt at all.
- Pigmentation: All the shades are nicely pigmented and the intensity can be built up. The colors are more intense than what you see here. The brown is slightly muted but the two shimmery shades shine brilliantly under bright lights. The only issue is that the fall-out in the shimmery shades is crazy and thereâ€™s shimmer everywhere!
Chambor Trio Eyeshadow Coffee Shimmer Swatches:-
Finish: Needless to say, this is not an everyday-wear trio. The finish is hi-shine and gorgeously shimmeryâ€¦strictly party-wear. Once blended, the gold and bronze render a gorgeous sheen and the shimmer seems to simply melt into the skin.
Staying power: On my oily lids, this stays for about 3 to 4 hours (without primer) after which it start fading evenly. On my sister (who has combination skin) this stayed put the entire day! 😛 I did her make-up in the morning and when she returned at night after attending a wedding, the eye shadow still looked lovely and fresh.
Removal: Donâ€™t even attempt removing this with soap and water :stop:. Youâ€™d probably just scatter the shimmer all over your face and end up looking like a disco ball! I used baby oil to remove it and it came off easily. I didnâ€™t have to rub hard and thankfully the shimmer did not adhere stubbornly to my skin.
Sensitivity: A lot of eye shadows, especially shimmery ones, tend to irritate my eyes. But I did not face any issues with this one even when worn close to the waterline.
What I like about Chambor Eye Shadow Trio:-
- Compact, sturdy, travel-friendly packaging
- Comes with mirror and applicator
- Comes with an outer carton including complete list of ingredients
- Nicely pigmented (please note that the shades are darker than they appear in the above swatches esp. the brown)
- Smooth, satiny texture that enables blending
- Shimmer is non-gritty although they appear chunky
- Shimmer melts into skin when blended well to render a gorgeous sheen
- Stays put through the day on combination to dry skin
- Does not crease or smudge
- Fades evenly
- Did not irritate my eyes
What I donâ€™t like about Chambor Eye Shadow Trio:-
- The shimmery shades have a lot of fall-out
- Those with oily lids will need to use a primer to prevent the shadows from fading fast
- Applicator is useless and picks up too much product
I know, I know, I suck at eye makeup! I thought of skipping putting up an EOTD. But I knew you guys would grill me 😈 So here goes:
The colours in this trio are gorgeous party-wear shades and will complement all skin tones. The texture, pigmentation and staying power are commendable. Although I love the shades, Iâ€™m not too fond of the bling-y shimmer that flies everywhere making quite a mess in the pan. Nevertheless, this looks great for parties and is truly a bridal must-have!
Â Have you tried Chambor Trio Eyeshadow Coffee Shimmer?
You might like reading these also:-
- MAC Beauty Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Forest Essentials Ladies Essential Kit Review
- Colorbar Ultimate Eyeliner in Italian Green Review & Swatches
- My Accessorize Haul !
- Cheap & Best Eyeliner Brands
- Easy Graphic Eyeliner Tutorial
- Incolor by Jordana Liquid Lipshine 02 Watermelon Punch Review And Swatches
- Bare Minerals All Over Face Color Duo in Warmth/Rose Radiance Review & Swatches
- Where do I start? -Weight Loss Guidelines For PCOS Women