I got these through the strawberrynet site late last year and was quite curious because it was a plumping gloss..I haven’t tried many of them but well, who wouldn’t like an Angelina Jolie pout without going under the knife?? 😉 My reaction to these though is quite ‘Thanda’ and let me tell you why…
About CK Sheer Plumping Lipglosses:
- Provides sheer, radiant shine color for lips Enriched with marine collagen micro-spheres
- Replenishes moisture & boosts volume
- Leaves your lips look fuller & more glamorous
- Wear alone or over lipstick to magnify color
- Dermatologist tested
- Size: 8.5ml
- Price: $35 each
My experience with CK Sheer Plumping Lipgloss in Spun Sugar, Gossip& Precocious:
- Packaging: These glosses some in a long, translucent, rectangular tube and is quite sturdy as well. The applicator is a brush type which isn’t too high in quality. The brush with Spun Silk looks kind of frayed and the bristles are all over the place which makes application a big pain!
- Color: Spun Sugar looks like a light purpley-mauve in the tube but on application it’s completely clear without even a hint of mauve. Its perfect to top off any lipstick. Gossip is a fuschia purple gloss with micro shimmers in blue and silver. Precocious is a milky pink with tiny silver shimmers which are hardly visible when applied.
- Coverage & Pigmentation: Spun sugar is obviously a clear gloss from the swatch so there’s no question of pigmentation. Gossip is the most pigmented of the lot. I prefer wearing this on its own because it’s so pigmented that it would just overpower any lippy. It does provide medium coverage though which I quite like. PrecociousÂ is a light to medium coverage gloss which can be worn alone for a lightly pink tinted lip or even over another lipstick to enhance the look.
- Texture: All three glosses are non-sticky and thank God for that! My only problem is with Precocious. After10mins of wear, it starts looking goopy on me…NOT happening!
- Staying Power: The plumping effect is honestly not too much…After tingling for about 1min, my lips look only a tiny bit plumped up…but nothing great or too noticeable. It lasts the same as all other glosses….about 2-2.5 hrs without eating or drinking.
Of all 3, Gossip is undoubtedly my favorite. I love the color and usually wear it all alone. Spun sugar I use to top off lipsticks sometimes. I never use Precocious though….it just looks so goopy and yucky on my lips….furthermore, it washes me out and accentuates my fine lines and any dryness on my lips…. 🙁 🙁
But above all…the plumping claim. I only felt the tingling on application, but no great plumping effect..My lips do look a tiny bit fuller but nothing that even too noticeable. For me, these are like any other gloss available.
Swatches of CK Sheer Plumping Lipgloss in Spun Sugar, Gossip& Precocious:
What I like about CK Sheer Plumping Lipgloss in Spun Sugar, Gossip& Precocious:
- Gossip is an amazing shade and would suit anyone.
- Spun Silk is handy to have since I always believe a girl should always have a clear gloss in her kitty.
- The shimmers are not drying and don’t stick to the lips.
- A very pretty peachy pink color that most of us would go for.
- Doesn’t settle into my lip lines
- Non-sticky texture
What I don’t like about CK Sheer Plumping Lipgloss in Spun Sugar, Gossip& Precocious:
- Precocious is streaky and goopy
- The applicator quality is bad…One of te three has frayed sooo badly!
- Doesn’t plump my lips…which is its basic purpose.
Ratings: Â 3/5
Have you tried any of the Calvin Klein glosses?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Maxfactor Color Perfection Eyeliner Black Review & Swatches
- Dupe Alert â€“ Makeup Forever #29 Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick Dupe
- MaxFactor Colour Elixir Lipstick Rosewood Review, Swatches & Photos
- MAX FACTOR Color Elixir Pink Brandy 825 lipstick Review And Swatches
- W7 Beauty On The Go Makeup Pallete Review & Swatches
- HipHop Instant Lipstick Remover Pads Review
- NYX Powder Blush in Peach Review
- Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse Photos & Swatches