I’m sure most of you must be aware of the Vellvette Box by now and today I’ll be reviewing the Clinique trio I got in the November box.
This compact palette contains the Colour Surge eyeshadow duo in Rosewine and the Soft-Pressed Powder blusher in Pink Blush. It also comes with a sizable mirror, a sponge tip applicator and a mini-blush applicator..I haven’t used the brushes since I don’t find they ever do a good job.
My experience with Clinique Trio Palette
TheÂ Rosewine duo contains 2 neutral shades, one a deep brown similar to MAC Espresso and the other a neutral creamy shade which can be used as a highlighter as well. The Pink blush is a regular pink blush which is more like an essential pink.
- Pigmentation: Pigmentation of all 3 shades in the palette are decent enough. The lighter eyeshadow shade needs a bit more work to show up than the other 2.
- Texture: All shades are soft and blend easily.Â The eyeshadows both are matte and the blush is a satin finish.
- Staying Power: The eyeshadows last about 5-6hrs on my lids. The blush though, stays on for not more than 4hrs..lesser when I’m outside.
I like this palette for the basic reason that it’s compact and has the perfect everyday shades I need. The eyeshadow have to be my fav no doubt about that. But the blush is a diff story altogether. Seeing how pigmented it was (and the fact that its Clinique), I thought it would have a really good staying power. But I was sadly mistaken. I don’t mind reapplying lipstick repeatedly but blush and eyeshadow once applied I like not to have to wonder about it till the end of the day.
I didn’t have this luxury with the Clinique blush and it was such a disappointment I tell you..
What I love about Clinique Trio Palette:-
- This is the perfect neutral palette for a girl on the go.
- The eyeshadows have a good staying power
- Comes with a full sized mirror and 2 applicators which would be very helpful in emergencies.
- Compact and travel friendly
- Easy to blend.
What I dislike about the Clinique Trio Palette:-
- The blush is a huge disappointment thanks to its poor staying power
You may also like reading:
- Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup Review & Swatches
- Clinique Skin Supplies for Men Anti-Fatigue Eye Cooling Gel
- Clinique Introductory Packs In India
- Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter Immerse Your Body In All-Day Comfort
- Clinique Introduces 3 steps Skin Care System Travel Pack
- Clinique Presents High Length Mascara
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild Review
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm Mega melon Review
- Clinique Presents Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 â€“ now in stores
- New Launches :Clinique Sun With Solar Smart