I received Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser in my January Vellvette Box. I normally do not buy expensive cleansers or face wash as I feel even a cheaper brand like Himalaya does the job just fine! But since I had it with me, I decided to try it out.
Clinique follows a 3 step system(Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise) CTM and the Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser belongs to range of products made for combination-oily skin which is no 3. The cleanser is allergy tested and 100% fragrance free.
The Cleanser is available in two sizes â€“ the full size one at Rs 1450 for 150 ml and a travel size of 30 mil that is not sold individually but is part of a travel kit priced at Rs 1850 consisting of cleaner, toner and moisturizer. These kits are available as 1, 2, 3 and 4 where No 1 is for Dry skin and no 4 for oily skin. The cleaner is part of No 3 which is for combination oily skin.
My experience with Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser:-
I started using it immediately when I was in Mumbai in as itâ€™s a mousse, creamy cleanser that I thought was best used in winter.
The cleanser has a mousse consistency and is pale pink in colour. You need just a little bit for the face and neck. It doesnâ€™t really foam much but it cleanses really well. After rinsing off the face did not feel tight and dry at all and felt wonderful and soft. I used it for 3-4 days and then it was time for me to get back to Pune and I continued to use it there â€“ which is a whole new story.
In Pune, which does not have a humid climate like Mumbai, my face felt tight and dry after using this cleanser. I had to use a heavy moisturiser after washing my face. I persisted for over a week and then I just had tostop using it and go back to my Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser.
The full size product is priced at Rs 1450 which is quite pricey for a cleanser. But the quality is massive at 150 ml and is likely to last a long time.
For those who donâ€™t want to shell out so much for just a cleanser, the Clinique system is also available in a travel size at Clinique counters i.e. the same size as the tube of cleanser that I have. This is priced at Rs 1850 for face wash, toner and moisturizer and would probably last a little over a month.
What I liked about Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser:-
- Ideal for use in a more humid climate
- Makes skin squeaky clean
- Mousse consistency
- Only a tiny amount needed for face and neck
What I did not like about Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser:-
- Does not work for dry climate at all
- Strips moisture from skin in dry climate
I have mixed feelings about this product. I doubt I would purchase a full size for so much money when I could get a good quality foundation or primer for the same amount.
Have you tried Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser?
You might like reading these also:-
- Eye Makeup With Two Colors â€“ Step By Step
- Nova 2 in 1 Professional Hair Straightener Curling Iron Suggestions
- MAC Eyeshadow in Soft Brown: Review & Swatches
- Lotus Herbals Nutraglow Daily Tinted Moisturiser (SPF 25) Fresh Ivory & Hazelnut Star
- MAC Viva Glam 1 Lipstick Review and How to Wear The Classic Red In 3 Different Ways
- Sleek Twist Up Lip Liner Chestnut Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Best Makeup Kit Suggestions
- Wise She In Cosmopolitan Magazine Again
- Aura Vedic Ritual Skin Lightening Mask Review