I always wanted to perform Harry Potter’sÂ Expect-O-PatronumÂ with a wand but Coastal Scents’ Duo Defining Wand only gives me opportunity to use it on my eyes.Although it does not shoo away any dementors, it surely adds Â magic to my eyes.;)
Available in 12 colours, it has been around since long andÂ its one product which I keep in my bag most of the time. I bought the shade Platinum/Aztec as this one can be used more as a highlighter. So, instead of having another blue or green, trying out a highlighter appealed to me more.
About Coastal Scents Duo Defining Wand Platinum/Aztec:-
The duo defining wand is the perfect two in one eyeliner and smudger combination. Each duo defining wand includes two intensely pigmented hues designed to complement each other so anyone can easily create incredible looks without the guesswork. The easy to use, angled liner glides on smoothly, while the sponge tipped smudger is used for precision blending of the cream based eye shadow and contouring the crease. You get both essential makeup tools in one professional, compact design at an incredible value. This new, versatile makeup wand is perfect for professional application or on-the-go touch ups.Price – Around $10. If you order the whole set of 12, then it will cost you around $54 but with this you will have to pay shipping Â charges as well which is quite high.Ingredients-Â Smudger:Â Â Mica, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethylhexanoin, Silica, Myristyl Lactate, Ceresin, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Butylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.Â Liner: Mica, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Glyceryl Ethylhexanoate/Stearate/Adipate, Ozokerite, Polyethylene, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Talc, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Microcrystalline Wax, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, BHT, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide
My experience with Coastal Scents Duo Defining Wand Platinum/Aztec:-
It has a liner end of the wand which one has to turn to get thin edge on the eyelid. One can easily draw a thin line along the lash line.
On the other end, there is a smudger by which you can blend the line or use it alone. With other colors one can use it to create the smokey effect but as this is more of a highlighter, I use it in the inner corner of my eyes or as a brow highlighter.
Coastal Scents Duo Defining Wand Platinum/Aztec Swatches:-
On the left, there is white cream eyeliner and creamy shimmery golden highlighter is on its right.
In the eye makeup below, I used the golden smudger in the inner corner of my eyes, lower lashline and from the crease to the brow bone.I do need my finger to blend the shade after applying it .
What I like aboutÂ Coastal Scents Duo Defining Wand Platinum/Aztec:-
- Â I love the sleek metallic packaging of the eyeliner. Even the outer coverage has all the details mentioned on it. From ingredients to the shade name it Â has it all what you need in a perfect product packaging.
- Creamy eyeliner which glides beautifully
- It’s light weight, has a smooth texture and is highly pigmented.
What I do not like aboutÂ Coastal Scents Duo Defining Wand Platinum/Aztec:-
- It creases a bit when smudged all over the eye lid.
- Some might find it on the expensive side.
- It’s not very long lasting. Stays for around 6-7hrs max and then starts fading up.
Will I recommend it to others – I like the shade – it makes highlighting such an easy job. I would like to buy other darker shades to get that easy peasy smoky effect.
- Wise She Rating – 3.5/5
- Pigmentation – 4/5
- Staying power – 3.5/5
- Price Vs Quality – 3.5/5
- Availability – 2.5/5(LabileÂ only onlline on coastal scents)
Have you triedÂ Coastal Scents Duo Defining Wand Platinum/Aztec ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Earring Stand Holder India â€“ Suggestions
- Street Wear Mineral Lip Gloss 03 Coral Glow Review & Swatches
- Nivea Aqua Effect Refreshing Face Wash Review
- How To Choose Ethnic Wear As Per Body Type
- My Mumbai Haul â€“ MAC, LUSH, NYX & Body Shop
- MUA Lipstick Shade 6 Review & Swatches
- OOTD â€“ Floral Dress By Done By None
- Curly Hair Shampoo Suggestions & How To Take Care Of Curly Hair
- Trend Alert: Zero Accessory Look and Crop Tops
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 13 Rouge Jet Set Review, Swatches and FOTD