Don’t you feel like most drugstore makeup or even the previously affordable brands have suddenly hiked up their prices like crazy? Kinda beats the purpose of having a drugstore brands I feel..Colorbar is one of those brands..where in the past their blushes costed 250bucks, now they have discontinued them in favour of a wider range of blushes which cost oodles more.
I resisted buying them for a long time but then curiosity got the best of me and I picked this one blush from their newer range just to figure out how different they are…So let’s welcome Colorbar Blush in Pink Pinch!
My take on the Colorbar Cheek Illusion blush in Pink Pinch:
- Color: The blush as visible, is a bright blue-toned pink. It isn’t matte nor shimmery and has more of a satiny finish.
- Price: Â INR 650
- Quantity: Â 4g
- Pigmentation & Texture:The blush has a satin finish and is decently pigmented. I personally find that the older range was waaay more pigmented. This one takes a tiny bit more effort to pick up and blend. Fallout is next to nil as compared to the older range which had considerably more fallout.
- Staying Power:This blush staysÂ for about 4hrs on me…Again this does leave me wanting more…what say?
I like the color but I’m still disappointed…Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate it. After all, a lot of blushes from Jordana or even MAC (like MAC Peaches) don’t stay on my cheeks for more than 4-5hrs. But it irks me that Colorbar made such amazing blushes before which were not just pocket friendly but also was more long wearing at 7-8hrs.
Texture wise this is beautiful..It’s like silk and the quilted pattern is damn cute..and it will last forever! (or atleast till it expires)
What I like about Colorbar Cheek Illusion blush in Pink Pinch
- A nice basic pink shade which would be nice for most girls starting to use blush.
- Price does seem more, but it’s still cheaper than brands like MAC.
- Prettier and more sturdy packaging as compared to the older range.
- Can be built up as required.
- Nil fallout
- No shimmer and perfect for work wear too.
What I don’t like about Colorbar Cheek Illusion blush in Pink Pinch:
- I still find it pricey. I can’t get over the fact that Colobar used to make amazing blushes for 250bucks…That quality I felt was far better.
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
You may also like reading:
- Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick Tropical Pink Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Creme Touch Nude Coral Lipstick Review And Swatches
- Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick Taupe Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick Candy Rose Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick Classic Mauve Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick Caramel