Colorbar Lip Pot in Sweetheart
Let me just start by saying how proud I am of Colorbar. It has been so great to see an indigenous Indian brand capture our hearts and a huge chunk of our pockets in such a short time. We are all so obsessed with our Maybellines and Macs, but its refreshing to see our very own Colorbar give them stiff competition in the Indian market. Maybe all this success is actually going to their head, how else can we explain the current prices?
These lip pots were a huge sensation in the Indian market and there was a point when I was so obsessed with them that my ever generous boyfriend surprised me with four (yes you read that right, FOUR) of these. Today I am reviewing the one of these shades – Sweetheart.
About Colorbar Lip Pot:
Pamper your lips with this deliciously syrupy lip color, cushiony and wet; it optically plumps your lips for a sexy plushy pout youâ€™ll become addicted to!
- Price: 495 INR for 6 gm.You can buy it online.
- Ingredients:Octylpalmitate, Bees wax, Candellila wax, Carnauba wax, Octylmethoxycinnamate, Lanolin oil, c12-15 Alkyl benzoate, Capryliccapric triglyceride, Jojoba oil, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Shea butter, Propyl paraben, Butylated hydroxyl toluene, Vitamin E, Phenyltrimetmicone, Approved colors, Perfume.
My experience with Colorbar Lip Pot in o12 Sweetheart:
Packaging: It comes in a transparent pot with silver screw cap and there is a peel-off seal. The cap screws on securely and is not difficult to travel with. The newer Pout in a Pot that colorbar has come out with is basically the same thing with additional brush and mirror which is definitely missing in the Lip Pots packaging wise.
- Color: Itâ€™s a warm pink with strong brown undertones so that itâ€™s not your Barbie-doll kinda pink. This shade would be easier to carry across a wide range of skintones. Due to its warmth it will not wash out anyone, I am guessing. This shade is vivid enough to brighten the complexion but at the same time earthy enough to be appropriate for everyday wear.
- Texture and Fragrance:It has a smooth, creamy texture and gives glossy finish once applied on lips. Itâ€™s basically a creamier version of lipsticks in pot form. It is very richly pigmented, spreads oh so easily across the lips and can be easily layered. Just like the company claims it is cushiony and syrupy in texture and it very very lightweight. It is has a super mild sweet kinda fragrance.
Verdict:These very coveted cute little pots had me smitten the minute I had them in my hands and I wasnâ€™t disappointed with their performance at all. You need to use a Q tip or lip brush to apply these because using your fingers would be too unhygienic. It is decently pigmented and can easily be layered to get an opaque finish. It stays glossy even after hours and hours of wearing it. As expected, it does not stay for as long as a matte lipstick would, but in my books 4-5 years is decent for a crÃ¨me finish. It would definitely not survive meals and drinks, though. It is not even a little drying, but is not moisturizing either.
What I like about Colorbar Lip Pot in 012 Sweetheart :
- Comes in a huge variety of shades
- Cute and secure packaging
- Does not dry out
- Price is comparable to other drugstore lipsticks
- Two-in-one product. Itâ€™s a lipstick and a lipgloss
- Consistency is nice, lightweight and creamy
- Very flattering shade
What I don’t like about Colorbar Lip Pot in 012 Sweetheart :
- Should definitely come with a brush or applicator
- Some may not find it very long lasting
- Not very moisturising
Â Rating: 4/5
Â Have you tried Colorbar Lip Pot in 012 Sweetheart ?