A month or two Â back Colorbar Lip pot in coral Â was reviewed by Kejal and it became a hotÂ craze here.I have been wanting to try out these lip pots but as there is no colorbar counter near my place I wasn’t able to. My wish was fulfilled bysnapittoday.com where it is available at 6% off at INR 470.
What Colorbar Lip Pot Claims:-
Colorbar Lip Pot Pampers your lips with this deliciously syrupy lip color. It is Cushiony & wet and optically plumps your lips for a sexy plushy pout & you’ll become addicted to! Lips always look Lush, Plush and Gorgeous.
Octyl palmitate, Bees wax, Candellila wax, Carnauba wax, Octyl methoxy cinnamate, Lanolinoil, c12-15 Alkyl benzoate, Caprylic capric triglyceride, Jojoba oil, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Shea butter, Propyl paraben, Butylated hydroxyl toluene, Vitamin E, Phenyltrimetmicone, Approved colors, Perfume, Octyl methoxy cinnamate.
- Texture & Consistency – Gloss is little thicker than usual lipgloss or I should say it’s more of a creamy lipstick with a slight glossy sheen .It’s non sticky and opaque , highly pigmented and quite light on the lips.
- Staying Power – As the shade cherry pop is highly pigmented it stays for three Â hours easily and even after having food the reddish tint stays for long time 🙂
- Fragrance– It has a strong sweet vanilla fragrance which stays for a while on the lips.
My experience with Colorbar Lip Pot Cherry Pop
Though Colorbar claims it to be a lipgloss I find it more of a creamy liquid lipstick. It’s highly moisturizing and pigmented with awesome staying power.I have to be reallyÂ carefulÂ while taking out the product because of its high pigmentation .One requires just a tiny bit of the product to layer on the lips and it can easily be layered up without looking cakey.
It plump up the lips and doesn’t bleed.I don’t like wearing this shade on lipstick for obvious reason that it’s highly pigmented and thick also but on day to day basis it’s a beautiful shade especially if you like wearing reds.
Swatches of Colorbar Lip Pot Cherry PopÂ
A matte bright cherry red shade with a glossy sheen.
This is how it looks on me in different lights
During the day I layer it with a light hand and it looks like this.It completely hides pigmentation and doesn’t look OTT.
What I liked about Colorbar Lip Pot Cherry pop
- Highly pigmented, smooth, light weight and creamy
- Doesn’t settle into fine lines
- Hides most pigmented of lips
- MoisturizingÂ and doesn’t bleed around.
- Available in pink, coral, plum and many other shades:)
- It doesn’t transfer much.
- I wish they would have provided a lip brush along .I would have really enjoyed it using it then.
- I wish it could be less costly – may be around Rs 300 or 350
- Overall – 4.5/5
- Price – 3.5/5
- Price Vs Quality -5/5
- Coral Lipgloss Suggestions
- MAC Illicit Lipglass Review Swatches & FOTD
- Wise She This Week Sale Alert (Nov Week2)
- My Diwali Haul â€“ Inglot, Avon, Lush, TBS, Oriflame, ELF and more
- 5 Favourite Drugstore Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Forest Essential Detox Body Polisher Basil & Marigold Sand Scrub Review