All of us here have heard and used the much raved Velvet Matte Range from Colobar. This was my first lipstick from Colobar per se. A friend of mine tried it on me and she liked the shade so much that both of us bought one each.
The other day, Erica had posted a request on a Dupe for her Pink VOV Lipstick and I realized I have two shades of the same color and thought Iâ€™d review them to give her and you girls out here a better idea. I share a love hate relationship with this lippie and read to know why.
- Price and Quantity: 225/- for 4.2g
- The Shade:Â Itâ€™s a Â pink plum perfect matte lipstick with absolutely no shimmer.Â You can wear it every day to work as well.
- Â Texture and Pigmentation: A very creamy lipstick that goes on opaque on pigmented lips, you will need a couple of swipes to get that full color though. And donâ€™t forget that this being a matte lippie, exfoliation is a must.
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick â€“ Demure Swatch:
First is one swipe and the next is 2 swipes.
What I like about Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick â€“ Demure 82V:
- A lovely pink shade
- Will flatter all skin tones
- Is widely available
What I donâ€™t like about Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick â€“ Demure 82V:
- The very fact that it rips my lips of moisture and elasticity leaving me with prune lips.
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick â€“ Demure 82V Lip Swatch :
Â (Thereâ€™s lip-blam underneath the lippie)
Talking about this lipstick, the first time I tried it on, it looked gorgeous. After a while say around 3hrs the lipstick started fading away slowly and steady. Most lipsticks usually leave either a beautiful stain behind or washes away. But our lady Ms. Demure did neither, she left behind one ugly stain leaving my lips parched of moisture and their suppleness. I was left with weird lips; I had a couple of co-workers even ask me if something was wrong with my lips. That weird it was. :-/
Look at this for visual proof. You see those fine lines? Scary right?
Will I repurchase Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick â€“ Demure 82V!
Nope, I wouldnâ€™t buy this again. But you can always try it and see it if it works well for you. Different lippies work differently with different women.
PS: Donâ€™t lose hope, thereâ€™s a close match of the same lippie coming in very soon.
Have you tried Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick?
You may like reading these also-
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Brick-o-la 42M Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Peach Crush & Secretly Pink Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Sultry Pink 08P Review & Swatches
- Colorbar I-Glide Pencil Cocoa Bar Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick BLUSH 04M Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Very Coffee Review & Swatches
- Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil Coal Mine 09 Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Kohl Intense Eyeliner Mysterious Blue 002 Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Autumn Rose 20 Nail Paint Reviews & NOTD