Today I am going to review â€˜Colorbar Zoom and Whoosh mascara which has been recently launched by Colorbar. Go through my review to decide whether it is a hit or a miss.
About Colorbar Zoom And Whoosh Mascara:-
Colorbar Zoom and Whoosh Mascara gives length and volume to lashes, with black color coverage. Colorbar Zoom and Whoosh Mascara is waterproof. This has a beautiful black casing with a pink top cover giving it the typical Colorbar look.
Price: Rs 650 for 9 ml.
My take on Colorbar Zoom and Whoosh Mascara:
I got this product immediately when I spotted it at an online shopping site despite of high price factor. Its girly classy packaging compelled me to get this. I felt not getting black sin mascara would be a sin on my partÂ :-p So to know whether I took the right decision or not, kindly read my complete review.
Colorbar Mascara comes in a black casing with a light fuschia pink top. The pink cap has lengthening wand and below it the silver casing has the volumising wand. Packaging is classy and super attractive, it made be spend 650 bucks on it despite of no reviews on net. Sometimes appearance is deceptive :-p Anyways coming back to review, one can go through complete list of ingredients mentioned on outer silver colored carton. Quantity of the mascara is 9 ml. Volumizing wand is quite big whereas lengthening one is bit slender with comb shaped bristles.
Shade: This mascara comes in one single shade that is black. This shade is not intense black but still looks nice on lashes.
Formula wise: I have mixed thoughts regarding the formula of this mascara. The formula is waterproof with very high wear time. But its quite drying and leaves residues on lashes. It kind of stiffens my lashes, I wish it was more lightweight. I did not however experience any kind of fall out with the mascara which is again a good point.
Performance: Performance wise I am quite satisfied with the mascara. For subtle look, one coat each of lengthening and volumising end is enough. For more dramatic effect two coats are enough. It imparts false lash kind effect. I really love how this mascara caters to all my needs like volumising, lengthening and curling my lashes. Eyes would look really stunning with this mascara, one can skip using false lashes too. However, more than two coats with volumising wand can clump your lashes, one would have to use mascara with lengthening wand as soon as possible after that without pausing or it will dry and it would be difficult to remove clumps and coat lashes evenly.
Staying power is pretty high, its 6-7 hours. It keeps my lashes curled for a long time too. I did not see any kind of fall out with it.
What I like about Colorbar Zoom and Whoosh Mascara:
- Its packaging of black casing with a pink cap is very attractive and girly.
- It has two wands meant for volumising and lengthening lashes.
- Lengthening wand bristles are comb shaped and thus helps in removing clumps.
- Formula is waterproof.
- Staying power of the mascara is 6-7 hours without fall out.
- There is no fall out unless your rub your lashes.
- It keeps my lashes curled for a long time.
- Both the wands impart dramatic effect by lengthening, volumising and curling my lashes.
- It never stings my eyes.
- Its quite travel friendly.
- Gets easily removed with a makeup remover.
What I did not like about Colorbar Zoom and Whoosh Mascara:
- Formula is very drying, can weigh down your lashes.
- It does not evenly coat the lashes, leaves residues on lashes.
- Available at a whooping price of 650 bucks.
- Quantity is just 9 ml.
- Application of 2 coats of mascara with volumising wand clumps my lashes.
- Contains Parabens.
- Not easily available.
- Not shown on Colorbarâ€™s official site.
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Effectiveness: 4 out of 5
Price vs Quality: 3.5 out of 5
Availability: 3 out of 5
Texture: 3.5 out of 5
Staying Power: 4 out of 5
Overall Rating: 3.8 out of 5
Will I repurchase it? No, considering the quality of the product for the price I am paying, I shall never repurchase it. I have better options at much affordable price.
My Overall recommendation: Colorbar zoom and whoosh mascara comes with dual wands meant for lengthening and volumising lashes. Where the formula is waterproof, its also bit thick and drying. I did not much like the formula as it was not lightweight and coated my lashes unevenly leaving residues on my lashes thus weighing it down. The effect of the mascara however is dramatic, it lengthens, volumises and curls my lashes. Volumising wand can clump your lashes if one applies multiple coats but the lengthening wand is quite unique, it effectively removes the clump. If you do not mind the price and looking for a mascara that indeed gives dramatic effect to your lashes with high wear time, then can give this a try.
Have you tried Colorbar Zoom and Whoosh Mascara?
You might like reading these also:-
- Colobar Creme Touch Lipstick Sienna A Magic Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Six Colored Eye Pencils Under Rs 250 or $5
- Palmolive THERMAL SPA Mineral Massage Shower Gel Review
- MUA Gel Eyeliner Tribe Review & Swatches
- Wise She MAC Betty Bright & Mall Madness Winner
- MAC Mineralize Rich Lady At Play Lipstick Review, Swatches & FOTD