Coloressence Cake Eyeliner in Black Review and Swatches
Most of you all must be aware of â€œNatureâ€™s Essenceâ€ a brand that sells herbal skin care. â€œColoressenceâ€ is a line of makeup products containing herbal ingredients introduced by the same brand. Iâ€™ve already reviewed a shade of lipstick from this brand and quite like the packaging and quality. Letâ€™s see if this eye liner lives up to the same standard!
About Coloressence Cake Eyeliner in Black
Special compressed powder cake eyeliner which has unique waterproof property. Gives definition to the eyes. It remains effective for long time with its water resistant formula.
- Quanity: 5 gms
- Price: Â INR 285
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg date
- Active Ingredients:Â Bees wax, Citrus bergamia extract, Carrot seed extract
- Directions: Use it with wet eye liner brush to define the eyes
My Experience with Coloressence Cake Eyeliner in Black
I love love love the packaging! :heart: It is so simple yet so classy :yes: It comes in a matte-black pot with a screw top lid. The lid is see-through so locating shades is hassle-free. I feel the tub looks very similar to M.A.C packaging. Those who use Mac products must be thinking: â€œShe actually has the audacity to compare Coloressence with Mac???!!â€ :hammer: Heheâ€¦but câ€™mon you have to admit they do look like twins :lashes: Okay, maybe fraternal twins 😛 Of course, a flip-top lid would have been more convenient but you have to twist only once to open/close so it isnâ€™t really an issue. The whole thing comes in an outer carton with product details and instructions. The only gripe is the lack of a brush. If you donâ€™t already own an eye liner brush, you have to go hunting for one in order to use this.
- Texture & Finish:
It is smooth and soft to touch and since this is powder in cake form, it doubles-up as an eye shadow. Â But using it as eye shadow in dry, powder form gives sheer, uneven application. So, even for use as an eye shadow, you need to use a wet eye shadow brush. But application tends to be patchy and requires a quite a bit of blending. The best part is that it has no fall-out and hence it is going to last forever! Although it looks like it has a wee-bit of shimmer, it doesnâ€™t show up especially when worn as an eye liner. It has a nice matte finish that I really like since Iâ€™m not a fan of glossy, black eye liners.
Here is where it fails miserably. One swipe with an eye liner brush gives you very sheer color. You have to swipe two to three times and keep wetting the brush and picking up product to get opaque color. So, it would not be a good be a good idea to use this if youâ€™re in a hurry. But the pigmentation is buildable and you can get a nice black line with a little extra effort.
- Staying power:
As claimed, it is waterproof and lasts for 5 to 6 hours easily. The color fades only after about 3 hours but the good news is that it fades evenly. It does not flake or crumble and there is still a fine line until I decide to take it off. Removing it is super easy and it comes off effortlessly with soap and water.
Coloressence Cake Eyeliner in Black Swatches
Below are single swipe and multiple swipes using eyeliner brush (1st two) and eye shadow brush (last two)
What I like about Coloressence Cake Eyeliner in Black:
- Classy, sturdy, travel-friendly packaging
- Matte finish
- Shimmer is invisible when worn as a liner
- Doubles up as an eye shadow
- Lasts for 5 to 6 hours
- Fades evenly
- Does not crumble or flake
- No fallout
- Comes off easily with soap & water and does not require a separate cleanser
- One tub will last forever!
- No animal ingredients. 100% vegetarian.
What I donâ€™t like about Coloressence Cake Eyeliner in Black:
- Poor pigmentation. Need multiple swipes to get opaque color
- Does not come with a brush
- Complete list of ingredients is not given
- Limited shade selection (available only in black and turquoise blue)
- Availability may be an issue for those who donâ€™t shop online
Coloressence Cake Eyeliner in Black on my eyes
Left: Used as eye liner. Right: Used lightly as eye shadow and blended with a beige shade
The last word:
I quite like the unique concept of an eye liner in cake form. I find it fun to use but I wouldnâ€™t reach out for this if Iâ€™m in a hurry. I really wish it were more pigmented since it takes a bit of effort and time to get the desired color.
Have you tried Coloressence Cake Eyeliner in Black?
You may also like to read-
- Coloressence Mesmerizing Lip Color Passionate Pink Review & Swatches
- ColoressenceÂ Face & Body Illuminator Lotion Review
- ColoressenceÂ Lip Luxury Suffle Palette Review & Swatches
- 7 Pink & Rose Drugstore Blush Swatches
- 15 Street Wear & Colorbar Nail Paint Swatches
- 4 Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss Reviews