Like Rimmel, Covergirl should definitely enter into Indian market. Their products just rock and pricing is commendable considering the quality of the product.
I wanted to buy the MUA one but I am not a very big fan of the brand so I thought of picking up Covergirl lip stains instead. They have named them Jumbo gloss balm and the name reminds me of Jumbo pencil which I hoarded like anything and now I can’t seem to find them..
AboutÂ Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm Scarlet Twist:-
Innovative Jumbo Gloss Balm
- Sheer Color
- Soft Shine
- No Stickiness
- Unique Twist up Form
With shea and mango butters, for smooth application and feel.
Made in USA
Ingredients:-Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vegetable Oil, Caprylic Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Beeswax, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Polyethylene, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 28 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Mica, Red 7 Lake, Iron Oxides, Red 6, Yellow 5 Lake, Carmine
- Â Price – $5.59
My experience withÂ Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm Scarlet Twist:-
I chose the deeper shade because the brand claims to give sheer colour and soft shine. Sade Scarlet twist gives nice coverage and bit of Â initial shine.It’s pretty light weight and not very buttery but if I compare it with Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Stains then its almost similar.
Problem is with the staying power.They just last for a maximum of one and half hour on my lips which is kind of a disappointment.
Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm Scarlet Twist Swathes:-
Its a sheer glossy reddish coral shade which glides on beautifully and is very smooth in application but I do find the texture bit waxy.
Only disapointing thing with these jumbo balms or lips stain etc etc is that they can not be sharpened and when I lose the tip Â they remain kind of rounded off making the application not that even. I have trouble applying them on my cupid bow.
This is how it looks on me after fifteen minutes of application. You can see that glossiness just goes away and the red tint stay over.
Summing it up :-
What I like aboutÂ Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm Scarlet Twist:-
- Decently priced
- Available in sixteen shades .
- Smooth in application
What I do not like aboutÂ Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm Scarlet Twist:-
- It’s not long lasting
- Won’t work on pigmented lips
- Not available in India
Will I recommend it to others Â – Unless you are fond of reapplication you will be left a little disappointed with it.
- Wise She Rating – 2.5/5
- Pigmentation – 2.5/5
- Staying power – 1/5
- Texture – 3/5
- Packaging – 3.5/5
Have you triedÂ Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm Scarlet Twist?
You might like reading these also:-
- Blue on Blue (Monotone) Outfit
- Coral This Tuesday!
- M.A.C Cosmetics At Delhi Couture week 2013 -Day 4 â€“ Ritu Beri
- Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hr On and On Bronze Review & Swatches
- Avon Simply Pretty Colorlast Lipstick in Warm Chestnut Review & Swatches
- M.A.C Cosmetics At Delhi Couture week 2013 â€“ Day 5- Manish Malhotra
- DIY: Homemade Natural Scrub from Cashew, Milk and Butter-milk
- LBD Weekend
- Sally Hansen Radiant Hands Nails & Cuticles Creme Review
- Lets Dupe It â€“ 5 Affordable MAC & Nars Cosmetics Dupe
- Gradient Nail Art By Karine
- Mac Matte Velvet Teddy Lipstick Review & Swatches
- OOTD â€“ 50â€²s Style Skirt
- MAC TRACE GOLD Sheertone Shimmer Blush Review, Swatches &FOTD
- Livon Hair Gain Tonic Review
- Schwarzkopf Bonacure Repair Rescue Sealed Ends Review
- The Greek Goddess â€“ OOTD