Â This is again another product I won in an auction on Ebay. I so love it when I win such stuff for a good price..hehe..
When I got this I was so excited thinking I’ve found a new powder foundation. But it was a disappointment in this regard. This is not a foundation at all! So after a bit of moping I decided to make it work and realised that ‘Hey! This works gr8 as a compact or finishing powder.’ 🙂 :)Â What Cover Girl Foundation ClaimsÂ Covers like a liquid, but goes on powder-light-so the look of tiny flaws, oil and shine seem to disappear. Simply Powder Foundation is non-acnegenic, hypoallergenic and won’t clog pores, for an even skin tone and beautiful matte finish. And its mirrored compact lets you take it everywhere.Â Usage:Â Use puff to sweep foundation over entire face.Price:Â $8 ( not sure though since I won it in a bid)Quantity:Â 0.41 ounces.
- Ingredients – Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium-15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride. May Contain: Ultramarines. My take on Covergirl Simply Powder Foundation: Packaging:This blush comes in a black cased compact in a rectangular shape. The lid is that of a push lever and this includes a mirror and a ‘U’ shaped sponge applicator.
- Packaging – This is very very sturdy and travel friendly, although I do think if the palette drops, the black plastic casing does stand a good chance of shattering 🙂
- Coverage & Usage: This provides light coverage. I really don’t understand how the company could have thought this would be a good foundation. This doesn’t conceal any marks or acne and one would still have to use a concealor below this.However, as a compact / finishing powder this is perfect for daily use since I don’t like using heavy powders on my face to work or for a normal outing. This blots out any shine on the face and does give a nice complete look to the face without seeming like anything has been applied.
- Texture:Â The texture of the powder is feather soft and doesn’t have any fallout at all. I was quite amazed at this. Even the Lakme Perfect Radiance compact has a tiny amount of fallout but this one doesn’t have even that. Whether I use a brush or the sponge, the pan still looks totally untouched 🙂
- Staying Power:Â This lasts about 2-3hrs on my face. I do wish it wouldmlast longer but I’ve rarely come across a compact powder which lasts longer than this so I’m not complaining.
- Cost & Availability:This brand is a very affordable drugstore brand in itself and is quite popular abroad for its foundations and cosmetics..especially their masacara which is a cult fav abroad much like the Colossal Volume is in India.
These are however not available in India but can be picked up from ebay if desired. However, I would suggest to get these through relatives abroad since it would work out cheaper that way.
Swatches of Covergirl Simply Powder Foundation:
Pros of Covergirl Simply Powder Foundation:
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Works very well as a compact/ finishing powder.
- Sleek packaging.
- Inexpensive drugstore band
- The texture is very light and smooth and doesn’t feel like you’ve put anything on your face.
Cons of Covergirl Simply Powder Foundation:
- Contains Parabens
- It doesn’t serve its main purpose of being a foundation! They should atleast change the name and call it a compact.
- Not available in India
- Pigmentation: 3.5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Availability: 2/5
Â You might like reading these also:-
- Banjaraâ€™s Saffron Cleansing Milk Review
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Friends Engagement Look & Suggestions
- Wise She This Week Sale Alert (Nov Week2)
- Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Eye Color Rum Spice Review & Swatches