Scientifically speaking lips are an essential part of the mouth and are known to enable sense of speech in human beings. Lips are predominantly responsible for the speaking capability of human beings which is the most unique feature among all organisms. Lips are external part of the mouth which tends to appear as projected outwards. Apart from the basic function of speech, it is also helpful in food intake and other physiological functioning of the body.
As we all are aware that lips are believed to be assets for a womanâ€™s personality and makes her look really attractive which is very natural as it also serves as an erogenous zone of the face. A pretty pout is a cherished dream for many women as men find it to be really attractive aspect of their personality.
A natural pout is light pink in color and is really very soft. Everybody longs for the perfect baby lips which are naturally pink and lack any pigmentation. As the age advances there are many factors which lead to the darkening of lips which donâ€™t look good at all. Certain lifestyle habits are responsible for the darkening of lips which include eating habits, hereditary factors, sun exposure, smoking & drinking etc. Letâ€™s know about what things should be kept in mind to prevent lips from getting pigmented.
- Sufficient Hydration- The tissues of your lips are very delicate and that is the reason they need utmost care. Sometimes lack of water content in the body makes your pout look lifeless and dry which may eventually lead to darkening in the absence of proper hydration. It is important to keep your lips well hydrated by drinking lots of water. Lips should never be hydrated by licking it with tongue as saliva present in mouth has catalytic properties which make them dry resulting in lip pigmentation.
- Avoid sun exposure – Sun rays tend to darken the skin tone and the lips too being overly delicate in comparison to the skin of other body parts needs extra care. It would be a great idea to use a lip balm which has High SPF value so that the lips are safe from the sunrays.
- Avoid too much caffeine -Â Tea & coffee contain caffeine in high amounts and it is mainly responsible for darkening of the lips. It is better to switch over to the intake of healthy juices and lower your caffeine consumption so that you have your lips pretty and pink as ever.
- Hereditary Factors – There are some people who have dark lips by birth and there is no explained reason behind it. Lip lightening with the help of cosmetic procedure stands to be the only option for those inherited with pigmented lips.
- Avoid smoking – Smoking tends to make the lips darker because of the presence of harmful substance, Nicotine in it. Smoking tends to induce a de-hydrating effect in the body and because lips are used in smoking, the tissues of the lip area are dehydrated from inside and tend to get darker over time.
- Proper exfoliation of lips -Â Lips are constantly at the receiving end for many physiological functions so it results in accumulation of dust and other pollutants. So, they need constant exfoliation in order to get rid of the dead skin cells which make the lips look darker for having fresh pink lips.
Here is a list of the lip balms which will help in getting the baby pink lips which are wanted by many of us.
Nivea Soothe & Protect Lip Balm SPF15
This lip balm is enriched with the goodness of vitamin E which keeps the lips hydrated and the SPF content protects them from the sunrays.
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Care
This lip balm has a relatively higher SPF value and keeps the lips well moisturized and prevents them from pigmentation.
Lush Vegan Lip Balm
This organic lip balm is enriched with the benefits of lemon, mandarin, vanilla & coconut oil to moisturize the lips and treat the problem of pigmentation.
This herbal formulation of lip balm and consists is high in the SPF content. This lip balm helps in lightening the lip pigmentation and keeps them soft.
EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere
This is a highly raved lip balm and consists the goodness of Shea butter & vitamin E. This is purely organic in composition and moisturizes the lips very well and treats pigmented lips.
This is one of the oldest brands of lip care products and has hydrating properties which keeps the lips moist and the vitamin E composition treats the pigmentation of the lips.
How do you treat dark lips?
You might also like reading these:-
- The Balm Mia Moore Lipstick Review & Swatches
- 10 Beautiful MAC Lipsticks
- DE-STRESSING DIY FACE MIXES
- Hyaluronic Acid and its Benefits on Skin
- MAC 163 Brush Review & How to use