Every one must be aware of Swami Vivekanadaâ€™sÂ lines..
â€œWhen I Asked God for StrengthÂ
He Gave Me Difficult Situations to FaceÂ
When I Asked God for Brain & BrownÂ
He Gave Me Puzzles in Life to SolveÂ
When I Asked God for HappinessÂ
He Showed Me Some Unhappy PeopleÂ
When I Asked God for WealthÂ
He Showed Me How to Work HardÂ
When I Asked God for FavorsÂ
He Showed Me Opportunities to Work HardÂ
When I Asked God for PeaceÂ
He Showed Me How to Help OthersÂ
God Gave Me Nothing I WantedÂ
He Gave Me Everything I Needed.â€
Well Here is my versionâ€¦..
When I askedÂ God for flawless skin..
He game me foundations!
When I asked God for beautiful eyes
He gave me liners and shadows!
When I asked God for a natural glow..
He gave me blushes!
When I asked God for beautiful lips..
He gave me Diana of London Lipstick!
When I asked God I wanted to tell the world about what he gave me
He gave me Wiseshe.com!
Haaaâ€¦Finally Today I am going to review my Favorite Lipstick..It comes From a brand Called â€œDiana of Londonâ€Yeh I know ..many of you might be thinkingâ€¦.Yes! have seen that counter..but never tried their products..some others thinking ..Diana of London?I have heard about them..and..
Â some others..Diana of London? Ha ha ha What a peculiar name..It is as unknown to me as the two hands shaking in Nokia add! And a very few of you might think..Yeh I have tried their products too..And some others..Does the brand have something to do with Diana?No girls..they are as apart as your face and the wrong foundation shades you bought..Err kya karoon yar..I donâ€™t find examples that quick!
So here We go..
- Brand: Â Diana of London..
- Product: Diana Surprise Lipstick
- Shade: Precious 46
- Price: I got this at a sale price a year ago ..I guess the price is around 350Rs not sure though..I know girls.. A bargain is something you don’t need at a price you can’t resist.!!!!
And a discount sale is like bus that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are inÂ it!!!clap clap clapâ€¦what comparison!
Hmm..so I quickly ended up picking this one though I had at least a dozen of lipsticks from various brands in almost all colors of a spectrum !well..almostâ€¦.. ..now stop imagining green /blue or other funny colors on me and concentrate..
What does the product claim?( From their website web site):
- Protects your lips from the summer blazing sun, dry heat and freezing winds. Soft creamy texture, semi matte best shades keeps the lips soft and supple.
- Excellent color pay-off and high coverage in just one stroke.
- Enriched with VITAMIN-E & SUN FILTERS.
- Non feathering and Non Bleeding
- Lips appear healthier, softer, smoother and more radiant than before.
- Brings comfort & hydration up to 8 hours.
My Take on the product:
A Product claims to Protects your lips from the summer blazing sun, dry heat and freezing winds. Soft creamy texture, semi matte best shades keeps the lips soft and supple.
Though I have never been to the Sahara desserts or the Antarctic to experience the blazing sun or the freezing wind..the product works quite well in all Chennai seasons
The texture is super duper creamy..and reminds me of Dairy Milk Silk!(Ah..I told you I donâ€™t find good examples)
It Is definitely semi Matte and Yes yes yes It makes my lipsÂ Â sooooooooooft and smooooooooooooth.
Â Product claims for Excellent color pay-off and high coverage in just one stroke.Â
Absolutely girls..The pigmentation is awesome awesome awesomeâ€¦even more awesome than words can say!wow I love it â€¦it is defiantly comparable to high end brand like MAC. Just one stroke and u r ready to go!
Â Enriched with VITAMIN-E & SUN FILTERS.Â
Wow..I dint know that it had Sun filters..I got to know this as I am writing the review! One never realizes how much and how little he knows until he starts browsing!
Â Non feathering and Non BleedingÂ
Well the Lipstick surely doesnâ€™t bleed..I dint know what feathering of a lipstick meant..Hum utna Angrezi nahi jaante memsaab.. and I thought it was Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubts!!!..he he he never mind..me and my poor jokesâ€¦
So here is what I got when I searched What feathering meant in terms of lipstick..thanks to Google ,Yahoo answers,Nyuu and Hermy..If you are wondering who is Nyuu and Hermy?!!! Well Nyuu is the one who asked this question on Yahoo answers and Hermy answered it..so here is the ans
â€œFeathering happens when the lipstick runs into the creases or tiny lines in and around your lips. You can prevent it with a primer (chapstick, putting concealer on lips, etc) or a lip liner.â€
Yes The lips stick doesnâ€™t Bleed or Feather(Now that I know what it meant)
Â Lips appear healthier, softer, smoother and more radiant than before.Â
Yeh..Very true The other day My Husband Commented how good it made my Lips look..!!!!!Well thatâ€™s the biggest compliment I have ever had..because he acts like a partially blind man otherwiseâ€¦
Brings comfort & hydration up to 8 hours.
Ha ha ha..here is the catch..I was just thinking How can a brand describe their product so accurately without exaggerating..Well..This is the only point on the web site which is exaggerated..the lipstick stays on my lips for a max of 3 hrs and fades out!It does has fade out evenly ..but it never stayed on my lip for more than 3 hrs
Ingredients: Do lipsticks come with Ingredients List? It came nanga (unboxed..) as it was on sale.So sorry girls..nothing on the product.
So..need I say the pros and Cons again.?I guess everything was covered..here is a quick gist for our busy ladies
- Super, duper, pataka, item,maal, pigmentation(he he he )
- Doesnâ€™t bleed and no feathering
- Has sun protectors
- Doesnâ€™t throw matchstick on your wallet(pretty cheap keeping in mind its quality)
- Enriched with vitamin E
- Withstands all Indian weather (not Sure about Himalayas and Rajasthan Desserts !!!!)
- Keeps your lip moisturized and supple and smoooooooth
- Excellent coverage which make the pigmentations on my lip commit suicide and they are no more seen.
- Fades evenly
- No smell or taste.
- The shade suits me very well..for reference I am NC37 in Mac studio fix ..but never test the depth of the water with both feet..you might drownâ€¦..Because the shade suits me it doesnâ€™t mean you too are going t look as pretty as meâ€¦(he he he never mind)..so please test your shades before buying and save your husbands/Dads money!I know ..Though we earn we would love to shop with our Dad or Husband!
What I do not like about DIANA OF LONDON LIPSTICK REVIEW (Diana Surprise)
- Fades out in 3 hrs on my lips
- Availability might be an issue..For those who donâ€™t find this brand in their city..Hmmâ€¦I have no ideaâ€¦..other than my idea sim which is not on sale!
- Will I recommend it:Yes â€¦.all those who wantÂ to get good comments from their partially blind acting Husbands/Boy friends!
- Will I repurchase it:Yeh Yeh Yehâ€¦will try few more shadesâ€¦
So lets all Thank God Together..every body join me
Thank you God for the world so sweet,Â
Thank you God for the foundation and primers
Thank you God for eye shadows and liners
Thank you God for blushes and highlighters
Thank you god for the lipsticks and liners
Thank you, God, for everything.Â
You might like reading these also:-
- Smashbox Red Carpet Radiance Palette: Review, Swatches
- Lotus Pure Color Lipstick Pink Blush: Review, Swatch
- Kryolan Product Suggestions
- JOHN FRIEDA SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONERS
- NYX Tinted Lip Spa Jewel Review & Swatches
- Smashbox Contouring Palette: Review, Swatches
- Colorbar Lip Pot Cherry Pop 017 Review & Swatches