Hello Everyone 🙂
I am very excited to share an awesome hydrating DIY hair and face mask. As I mentioned itâ€™s a 2 in 1 mask which can be used for both hair and face. It is prepared using Avocado and coconut, which are well known for their numerous benefits for skin and hair.
We try different shampoos, conditioners, oils, masks which are available in the market to get the radiant, shiny and lustrous hair, but these are loaded with lots of harmful chemicals and pricey too.These homemade masks are the best and cheapest alternatives and give more positive results without side effects.
Avocado benefits for hair and skin:
- This healthy fruit contain lots of vital nutrients including Vitamins A,B,C,E and K and minerals such as copper, potassium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus.
- they also contain essential proteins, fibers and beneficial phytochemicals like glutathione, lutein and beta-sitosterol.
- They also contain Biotin which helps to prevent dry skin.
- The Glutamine aminoacid present in the avocados thoroughly cleanses the skin and scalp and protects against harmful environmental factors.
- Avocado has excellent moisture retaining ability which is very useful in keeping our skin and hair hydrated .
- The antioxidants present in Avocado helps to scavenge the free radicals present in our body.
- These free radicals are the main culprit for causing wrinkles which are a sign of premature ageing.Â These antioxidants also help in removing toxins from our skin.
Coconut benefits for hair and skin:
- Coconut is rich in Vitamin C, E, B1, B3, B5, and B6 and also contains minerals like Iron, phosphorus, sodium, selenium, calcium and magnesium.
- The fats present in coconut, help to lock the moisture in hair and thus deep condition our hair.
- These fats make our skin soft and supple.
Method for preparing the Mask:
For preparing this mask we need
1)Â Â Â Â Avocado pulp: 1cup
2)Â Â Â Â Coconut pieces :1/2 cup
3)Â Â Â Â Honey : 1tbsp
4)Â Â Â Â Curd : 2tbsp
5)Â Â Â Â Lemon juice : few drops /as per required
6)Â Â Â Â Egg white (optional) : 1 egg
Step 1:Take one full ripe avocado and scoop out the flesh from it .
Step 2:cut the coconut into pieces.
Step 3:Pour them in a jar and then add curd to it and grind into paste. The paste will be little coarse, not soft.
Step 4: To this paste add honey and lemon juice. The quantity of them can be alteredÂ according to your requirement. If you like eggs you can add egg white also.
Step 5: Finally the pack is ready.
As a Hair Pack:
Apply the pack on the scalp and then to the hair strands. As the pack is coarse it wonâ€™t stay intact and it tends to fall. So, after applying the mask, just cover the hair with a shower cap or a towel. This not only keeps the pack intact but also locks the moisture in.Â You can add aloe vera gel to this pack so that it stays intact. After1-2 hrs rinse thoroughly. You willnotice shiny, healthy smooth and deeply hydrated hair. It also adds volume to some extent.
As a Face Mask:
Apply generously on your clean face avoiding eyes, keep it for 20-30mins, and then wash it first with lukewarm water and then with cold water. You will observe smooth and supple skin.
Thankyouâ€¦â€¦Hope you liked itÂ 🙂
Do you have any more homemade mask to share?
You might also like reading these:-
- Dermatologic Cosmetic Laboratories Clay Mint Mask Review
- TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo Review
- MAC Retro Matte Relentlessly Red Lipstick Review and Swatches
- 6 Sizzling Revlon Kissable Balm Stain Reviews
- Calvin Klein SHEER BEAUTY Roller Ball Review
- Burtâ€™s Bees 100% Natural Lip Shine Blush Review & Swatches