I loveee coffee and its aroma so much that i keep coffee beans in a small pouch in my handbag / deskÂ . Coffee aroma picks me up when i am low . I have been using this body scrub from a long time and benefited in many ways . The story behind its discovery was , We have filter coffee daily prepared using the traditional filter with coffee powder and hot water .Â The coffee powder was discardedÂ to rose plantsÂ so thatÂ it acts as manure ( Part of my momâ€™s daily tasks ) . yes , my whole family is into recycling and eco friendly types 😀 :-PÂ . SoÂ Â on my part , i have started using it as body scrub along with few other ingredients to get maximum benefit . Here goes .
- 1 bowl of coffee beans paste / coffee powder .
- 1 spoon of Besan / Gram flour
- 1 spoon of honey
- 1 spoon of Aloe vera gel
- 1 spoon of Curd / Yogurt
- Mix everything in a bowl adjusting the quantity of curd . The end result should not be too runny .
- Apply to whole body and scrub well for few minutes . Wash off with plenty of water .
- Besan, honey , aloevera gel , curd acts as binding agent and helps in tan removal and discolouration of skin .
- After scrubbing leave it for 5-10 minutesÂ , It acts as body pack . wash off as usual .
- Can vary the binding items by adding in rose water , milk , vit E capsule Â .
- Make sure that the coffee bean powder/ paste is not very abrasive .
- Keep a gap of 8-15 days between sessions . Over scrubbing is not good for skin.
As a face pack :
Take 1 spoon of veryÂ fineÂ coffee beanÂ powder , mix it well with 1 spoon ofÂ eggÂ white .Â Apply covering face and neck . Leave for about 20 minutes . wash off with luke warm water . Â One of the best anti aging face pack i have seen my mom use and its effect on her skin .
On a closing note , I am very happy with my skin after using this body scrub which can be made at a fraction of cost than regular body scrubsÂ with no harmful chemicals . It solved my problem of darkÂ rough knees andÂ elbows . Â Hope everyone benefits from this body scrub .
Have you tried Coffee Bath Scrub?
You might also like reading these:-