DIY-Chocolate Peppermint Lip Scrub
Today I am here with a DIY on my current favorite lip scrub. I have quite dry lips and lip scrubs are always essential for me before applying lipsticks and other lip products especially matte ones, and more over dry chapped lips do not look good so lip scrubs are always so handy. I have learned some amazing DIYs here so thought of sharing this one. So letâ€™s get started to make this yummy lip scrub
Ingredients needed for Chocolate Peppermint Lip Scrub:
- Pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- Olive Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Step 1 First of all take 1 tbsp. of sugar in a bowl, here I am using caster sugar which has really small granules and does not feel harsh on lips.
- Step-2 Now add in half tsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder and mix well to combine both.
- Step-3 Next add in 1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil and mix well. Do not add more than two drops or else the refreshing peppermint oil fragrance gets really overpowering!
- Step-4 Then add in a tsp. of honey and mix everything well.
- Step-5 At last add in a tsp. of olive oil and mix well with a spoon to get a proper consistency. You can add more olive oil if you wish and the scrub is ready to use and store.
How to Use and Store:
I use this lip scrub almost every day as and when required and follow up with a lip balm ,because of the fine sugar granules used here it does not feel harsh at all. My lips do not feel dry or chapped anymore, I feel over time with regular use it does help a bit in reducing lip pigmentation. The quantity mentioned above lasts for about a month as only little amount is required every time. I keep it in a small plastic container and it stays as it is even after a month just make sure it does not come in contact with water and use with clean hands or a spoon every time!
The sugar in it gives mild exfoliation to the lips making them smooth. Honey in it not only makes a good binding agent but also helps to lighten the pigmentation with regular use resulting in healthy looking rosy lips. The cocoa powder in it not only makes it tempting but is full of anti-oxidants and also adds to the mild exfoliation. Olive oil keeps lips nourished and moisturized so you do not have to rush to apply a lip balm after using this scrub. I love Peppermint oil since it smells so refreshing, but it also makes lips appear fuller and luscious by acting as a natural lip plumber.
I hope you all liked this delicious DIY, do try and let me know about your experience
Have you tried making your own homemade lip scrub?
You might like to read:-