A year or so back when my obsession with skin care and beauty started off, I came across this mask on some site through Google .Coffee and cocoa it is a combination no one can resist, I never knew that these two easily available ingredients could be used in a face pack and have such amazing benefits. In fact nowadays once a month I use it on the entire body (triple the quantity) and feel oh so relaxed!
The presence of coffee in this mask reduces puffiness and redness. This mask helps in reduction of tan, brightening of dull skin and also removal of blackheads and whiteheads to some extent.
My Experience with Coffee & Cocoa Facial Mask:
This mask imparts a cooling sensation to the face and while relaxing with the mask on you can enjoy the lovely yummy smell .This tightens the skin as it dries, and normally dries off within 15-20 mins. On washing it off (I used it on my face, feet and all tanned areas) I noticed an immediate decrease in tan and a bright skin. My skin also became really soft to touch and gave my face an â€œawake lookâ€ as compared to a tired one. It also removed the small whiteheads forming on my cheeks totally and my blackheads a little bit ( though Iâ€™m convinced if I had a blackheadÂ removing tool it would have been better) The leftover mask stayed fine in the fridge for around 4 days and I used it again twice with similar results.
I would definitely suggest you try this, it was my first DIY mask and it still is one of my favorites J
- 2 Tsp. Instant coffee ( finely ground coffee beans if used also perform the function of light exfoliation)
- 2 Tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 Tsp. Yoghurt (You can substitute this with milk , an egg , or oil , please adjust the quantity according to the thickness you want)
- 1 Tsp. honey (if you have dry skin) (You can substitute this withÂ lemon juice if you have oily skin)
Take 2 tsp of coffee powder in a bowl.
Add 2 tsp of cocoa powder; donâ€™t forget to smell the wonderful aroma at this stage, mmmmm lovely!:-)
Add yoghurt according to the thickness you want, I normally add it in the ratio of 1:1:2 for coffee: cocoa: yoghurt.
Add 1 tsp honey.
Mix all the ingredients well to form a semi thick paste.
Keep it in the fridge for some time, its consistency should be as seen below, or as per the amount of yoghurt you added.
You can keep this in the fridge for around 4-5 days. And this mixture will last you for 2-3 times usage of face pack.
How to use:
Just apply on your face straight from the fridge, and enjoy the cooling sensation and yummy smell till it dries. Then wash off with a washcloth and warm water.
Have you tried any of the home made face mask?
You might also like reading these:-
- Cargo Blush in Key Largo Review, FOTD
- M.A.C PRESENTS IN EXTRA DIMENSION COLLECTION : NOW IN STORES
- Incolor Smooth Overtime Base Concealer Review & Swatches
- Wise She Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede & Nail Art Giveaway
- Make-up Basics: How to Apply Blush
- OOTD â€“ Lace Top, Color Blocked
- Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Seude in Designer 097 Review & Swatches