Did you know palm dates are considered as one of the top skin-food. Simply de-seed them and chew. Fresh dates are laxative and very good for skin.
It is widely believed that dates have the capacity to repair the damaged skin. It helps in maintaining youthful skin.
Dates are highly nutritious and has loads of health benefits. The rich iron contents, vitamins and minerals make it suitable to be considered as a super food.
Today, let us give our skin a palm dates treat.
All you will need is a clean fresh date palm, little whole milk and fine semolina.
Go, raid your kitchen. 🙂
Procedure of preparing Date Palm Face Mask:
- Make sure you wash the date palm with clean water thoroughly. Dates accumulate dust very easily. So, start clean.
- Now, warm half cup of whole milk.
- Add the de-seeded date in to the milk and allow it to soak.
- Let the soaking happen for at least half an hour.
- Once the date palm is soft, you will be able to loosen its flavour into the milk.
- Just squeeze and rub the date a little and the milk will get the flavour of date.
- To this, add fine semolina/suji and mix well to make a face mask.
Adjust the consistency as per your need.
Semolina basically becomes soft when it gets wet. And it easily binds the dates and milk together forming a massage – able mask.
Usage: Once again start clean. i.e. clean face. Apply tiny dollops of the mask all over face. With mild pressurized motions, begin massaging face and neck. Massage for about 5 â€“ 10 minutes. Leave on until dry and wash off.
Caution: Dates have tendency to attract dust very easily. So wash the dates thoroughly before using them. Always choose to buy dates that are packed and processed properly.
Have you tried using dates for your skin?
You might also like reading these:-