Pronounciation: Â doll-chey and ga-bba-na
I came across this perfume by chance when an SA in Shoppers Stop sprayed some of it on a customer.Â Â I normally suffer from migraines and hence stay as far away from perfume as possible thus using what ever I haveÂ very sparingly.Â Â I was kinda DRAWWWWNNNNN to this one and considered the price for a long time.Â I savedÂ Rs. 300 in a secret place for about a year andÂ purchased it in Jan for myself. It was cheapest on that site with a huge discount.
Â Read -Â Mambo By Liz Claiborne Perfume Review
- Price: 75ml for 3025
About Dolce & Gabbana Eau De Parfum â€“ “Rose the One”
This tribute to female beauty signals contemporary elegance embodied by a woman with an instinctively classic sense of style. Her essence is a soft, rosy floral designed around a bouquet that evokes precious, delicate sensuality. Petal by petal, the scent reveals a timeless rose blend that channels the heritage of the consummate Italian fashion brand.
This is an EDP â€“ Eau De Parfum. Most fragrances are either available as EDP, EDT â€“ Eau de Toilette or EDC -Eau de Cologne. The differences are simply a matter of the amount or concentration of oils in the fragrance. Parfum being the strongest then in most cases EDP, EDT and then EDC. These are french words.
- EAU pronounced ‘O’ and meaning ‘water’
- DE pronounced ‘DUH’ meaning ‘of the’
- TOILETTEÂ pronounced ‘TVA LET’,
- Parfum pronounced ‘PAR FA’
- colonge pronounced ‘CO LOAN’
- Now for the notes:Â Pink Grapefruit, Mandarin, Peach, Muguet, Bulgarian Rose, Peony, Geranium, Madonna Lily, Plum, Ambrette Seed, Vanilla, Amber andÂ Musk.
What are notes?
Notes in perfumery are descriptors of scents that can be sensed upon the application of a perfume. The term is used by perfumers to describe the approximate scents to a layman.
My Take on Dolce & Gabbana Eau De Parfum â€“ ‘Rose the One’:
It’s an elegant and beautiful scent that is romantic and feminine.Â It doesn’t fade quickly and is not overpowering at the same time.Â It does not have that strong musky and woody smell but just a smell to desire.The main reason I love this perfume is because it does not trigger a migraine like most other fragrances.
Migraines are sensitive to certain triggers, including smells.Â The trigger created by the smell then spreads throughout the brain creating a change in nerve sensitivity and an inflammation.
My tried and tested remedy for migraines is yet another fragrance.Â Use one toÂ combat the effects of the other.Â I inhale peppermint essential oil.Â Do not apply directly to your skin as it gives a burning sensation. Â Mix equal parts of peppermint essential oil and olive oil and gently massage into your temples and the back of your neck. You can also put a drop or two of pure oil onto your hanky and on your pillow case and smell ‘R-E-L-I-E-F’.
10 Tips To Make Perfume Last Longer:-
- Don’t use perfume to mask body odour, it will overpower the perfume.Â Have bath first!
- Don’t use perfume in place of a deo. Deos do away with sweat odour thus allowing your perfume to scent your body.
- Moisture is a good conductor of perfume.Â Dry skin does’nt retain perfume as well as oily and well moistured skin.Â Those with dry skin try to get a lotion of the same fragrance or use your trusty moisturiser before you apply your perfume.
- Do you know why people spray perfume on their wrists, behind their ears, inside their elbows and behind their knees?Â Well because these are pressure points.Â Blood vessels are closest to the skin at these points and they give out heat.Â Body heat prolongs the fragrance.
- Wear heavier perfumes in winter and lighter, airy fragrances in summer.
- Don’t apply your perfume whilst under the fan.Â It’s not air freshner!
- Spray on you’re perfume half an hour before you go out into the open so it will last longer.
- Here is the best tip of all â€“ spray some perfume onto a cotton ball and tuck into your bra between your breasts. Again, it’s body heat that makes the difference!
- Don’t spray perfume on your clothes and jewellery as it can stain and discolour.
- Smell nice always.Â We cannot smell ourselves but others can.Â Everyone girl should own at least one good quality perfume.
Have you triedÂ Dolce & Gabbana Eau De Parfum â€“ ‘Rose the One’?
You may also like reading:
- L.A Girl Eyeliner (Smokey) Review & Swatches
- Aroma Magic Seaweed Pack and Beauty Pack Reviews
- Maxfactor Color Perfection Eyeliner Black Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder Review
- Lakme Sun Expert After Sun Skin Lightening Gel Review
- Missha M Vita BB Cream Matte Review|Misha BB Cream Review