by Priyanka R
Like every other girl I always love the effect that dramatic flirty lashes give but I find the process of finding an HG mascara exceedingly cumbersome. In fact, the cyclic 3 month expiry period of mascaras literally give me nightmares!
To counter that, I decided to take baby steps towards using false lashes. This is the first lash set that I purchased, letâ€™s see if it worked for me.
About e.l.f. Studio VIP Eyelash Kit:-
Create a lush, glamorous eye look with the Studio VIP Eyelash Kit. Natural-looking lashes can be retained for multiple uses. A must-have accessory for date night, parties, or any time you want to add volume with false lashes for an enhanced wink!
How To use The e.l.f. Studio VIP Eyelash Kit:-
- Slowly remove lashes from tray and place into grooves of the lash stand.
- Gently grasp lashes at the lash line with the lash applicator and remove from lash stand for close application.
- Pierce the top of the glue tube with cap and apply a thin amount of glue along the base of the lash strip.
- Allow glue to sit until tacky, then place lashes as close to the baseline of your lashes as possible, working from the center out.
- Hold the lash in place for a few seconds until the lash strip has a chance to hold.
- Apply mascara if desired.
- To remove lashes hold a warm damp towel to the eye and gently peel off false lashes.
- Replace on lash stand for reshaping and continuous wear.
My take on the e.l.f. Studio VIP Eyelash Kit:
First off, let me begin by saying that I have huge eyes. They rival Dobbyâ€™s tennis ball sized eyes so using false lashes wonâ€™t ever involve me trimming the strip! 😛
But people with small eyes may feel the need to trim these lashes down to their size, because it really is quite huge. They look a tad plastic-y but suitably dramatic, without being fake, on the eye. The lash band is a tad too thick and needs to be covered carefully with eyeliner, for perfect blending with the natural lash line.
The biggest disappointment about this product was that the glue that came with it was all dried and clumped. I immediately zipped a mail to the e.l.f. representatives for a replacement and they were quick enough to send it but I was unable to get it with the rest of my consignment from my US relatives. Despite that, the prompt customer service is admirable and noteworthy.
I borrowed my friendâ€™s Ardell Lash Adhesive for application of this product and it worked brilliantly.
The best part about this product funnily enough, arenâ€™t the lashes themselves but the lash application paraphernalia that comes along. The lash stand is perfect to wait for the glue to get tacky and the lash applicator eliminates the fear that most shaky hands like myself encounter. It helps with precise application even with unsteady hands.
What I like about the e.l.f. Studio VIP Eyelash Kit:
- The lash stand is a very nifty tool to have
- The lash applicator also helps in ease of application
- The lashes are good for people with big eyes
- Dramatic yet not too plastic looking
- Easy to use
- e.l.f. promptly sent a replacement product
What I dislike about the e.l.f. Studio VIP Eyelash Kit:-
- The lashes are too dramatic for everyday use
- The eyelash glue is completely useless, my glue came all dried up and clumped
- People with small eyes will find it impossible to use these lashes without trimming them
- The lash band is a bit too thick for people with small eyes
- People with monolid eyes canâ€™t use these lashes without it looking very creepy
- Would I repurchase the e.l.f. Studio VIP Eyelash Kit? Nope!
Would I recommend the e.l.f. Studio VIP Eyelash Kit? Not really, but the stand and applicator make it a worthwhile purchase!
Have you tried the e.l.f. Studio VIP Eyelash Kit?
You might also like reading these:-
- Lâ€™Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Stain Lolita Review & Swatches
- 10 Best Drugstore Skin Care Products
- DIY â€“ Coffee & Egg Yolk Face Mask for Perfect Skin
- 5 Top Skin Spot Treatment Remedies
- MAC Lusture Lipstick Lady Bug Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Lass Naturals Almond and Saffron Moisturizing Lotion Review