1 cup medium grained rice, cooked (or leftovers work too)1 large lemon1 tsp mustard seeds1 tsp split black lentil3-5 dried red chillies (or as per taste)1 tsp bengal gram (channa dal)1/4-1/2 cup dry roasted peanutsa generous pinch of turmeric powder1/4 tsp of asafoetidafew sprigs of curry leaves2-3 tsp of sesame oilsalt to taste1tsp ghee
Method And Preparation:-
- Step1-Wash the rice and soak it for about thirty minutes.Boil the rice in plenty of water until almost done. Make sure that the rice is not too mushy.After filtering out the water spread the rice in a plate and add 1tsp of ghee in it and mix it gently.
- Step2–Heat oil or ghee in a shallow pan . Add a pinch of asafoetida. Add dried red chillies broken into two, urad dal, chana dal and methi seeds and saute it for few minutes until they turn brown.
- Step3–Add peanuts, mustard seeds and curry leaves and wait for them to crackle. Mix turmeric powder in this. Stir fry for half a minute. Add cooked rice, salt and lemon juice.Mix all the ingredients gently.
Serve it with curd or papad.
P.S-You can use grated coconut for garnishing or chopped coriander.
You might like reading these also:-
- Elle 18 Lipstick 26 Hot Pink Review & Swatches
- Dirty Works Vitamin C Brightening Mask Review
- 5 Worth Trying Hairstyles for Oblong Face Shape
- 4 Maybelline Matte Lipstick Reviews
- The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter Review
- DIY â€“ Rice Flour Scrub Recipe
- Lâ€™Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Stain Juliette Review & Swatch