If you have been to Delhi or are from Delhi you will be having an idea how much we love to gorge on spicy food (and the reason why most Delhi girl’s are over weight 😛 ).I had this spicy food craving Â and wanted to have something chatpata so Â made these easy potato frankies Â .
Recipe is simple and has little bit of twist in it
Hope you like it 🙂
3 Potatoes boiled and mashed
Green Chillies chopped(1 or 2)
1 Chopped onion
Salt as per taste
Dash of turmeric powder
2 tbsp. cornflour
Oil for frying
1 -2 onion chopped
For tikkies :-
- Step1 -Â Take 1-2 tsp of oil and Â chopped onion and saute them for a while .Add Â ginger and green chillies and mashed potatoes , salt, turmeric, garam masala and mix all the ingredients.
- Step2 -Cook all the ingredients in slow heat and and keep stirring the mixture for a minute so that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Step3 – Add cornflour over the mixture and make any shape tikki of your choice.
- Step4 – Now roast or deep fry the tikkies as per your liking.(I deep friend them .I told yaa I went crazy Â 😛 )
Now there are few mini step which needs to be taken after making the tikkies which brings lot of taste to the recipe.
- Chopped Onion – Chopp 2 onions and add bit of garam masala in it .We are going to put these on the tikkies.
- Masala Mix – In a small bowl add 1tbsp. of water, add chilly powder(1/2 tsp.and 1tsp amchoorÂ powder(I don know what we call this in South ).Add bit of salt into it and dissolve the mixtureÂ thoroughly.
- Paratha – Make paratha the way we usually prepare or if you count calories then you can use chapati also .
Now place the tikkies on the paratha and top it with chopped onion and garam masala mixture.Add masala mix (1tsp) on it and squeeze some lemon juice over it.
You can wrap the roll with a tissue paper or foil paper and we are done 🙂
Hope you had a great Sunday 🙂
You might like reading these also:-