My first brush with ELF was with their high shine lipglosses. I had a love hate relationship with their formula since some of them were awesome and some were too sticky. Plus, it never hurt that they had an entire range of products for just $1…yes…just 1$!!! Brushes, blushes, lip products, you name it! And this lust for ELF was fueled by Emily Eddington who’s a beauty guru on youtube. On her channel, Beauty Broadcast, she features so many drugstore products and ELF is one she always praises. She once mentioned that Butternut was the best of all their quads so I was really happy when I got my hands on this.
Is it really as good? Was it worth picking up? Read on..
About ELF Brightening Eyeshadow QUAD Butternut:-
Luxuriously smooth, pigmented formula provides your eyes with a bright and beautiful sweep of rich color. The formula blends into skin for a long lasting, beautiful effect. Each quad is comprised of 4 coordinating shades that allow for both natural and dramatic looks. Built-in mirror and applicator included.
- Price: $1 (yes, u read dat right ) Â 🙂
- Ingredients:Â Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidu(Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, MethylParaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)
About the ELF Eyeshadow Quad in Butternut:-
- Colors: Let me describe the shades from the left. The first shade is a lightÂ chestnut brown color which has a satin finish although it looks more metallic in the swatch. The 2nd shade is a shimmery taupe and is undoubtedly my fav shade of all the 4. The 3rd shade is a champagne pink color with tiny golf shimmers which is ideal for use all over the lid. The last color is an off-white shade and is a fab highlighter.
- Pigmentation: All 4 shades r well pigmented unlike most quads wherein atleast 1 shade turns out to be a dud. The taupe shade has to be my ultimate fav since I have never had a true taupe eyeshadow which packs on so much color as this one does.Â Even though they look shimmery, let me tell you that this shimmer fades off either during blending or within 30mins. So this is perfect for a neutral look and not too blingey.
Read Â -Â E.L.F Candy Shop Lip Gloss Review
- Texture: Each and every shade here is butter soft. Its so silky and blend really fast without having to apply much pressure or effort.
- Staying Power: Without a primer these shadows stay on for about 5hrs and then begin to fade slowly. With a primer it easily lasts for 7hrs. I haven’t ha these on for more than that but the intensity of the color was so stron that I’m sure it will last the entire day!
- Versatility: These shades are superb and I find the last highlighter shade to be perfect for highlighting my cheeks as well. It has just the right amount of sheen and adds the right quantity of glow 🙂 The 2 brown shades can even we used as liners.
I love Emily’s videos and find her most genuine because she doesn’t rave about any single brand or even the high brands. Her USP is to use those products which are more easily available so that any of us can attempt the classiest of looks without necessarily spending too much. Her dupe videos are another one of my favourites and you should really watch them. I love her advice and I’m glad I got this quadÂ or else I’d have missed out on a gr8 product. And at $1 I didn’t expect much honestly…But the quality is astounding and has left me very impressed.
Swatches Of ELF Brightening Eyeshadow Quad Butternut:-
For those who want a neutral set of colors, or are a bit wary of brighter shades or even need a quad for the perfect work look, look no further. ELF butternut is THE one for you.
What I love about the ELF Eyeshadow Quad in Butternut:-
- Astounding pigmentation
- Costs just $1
- Perfect quad for daily use and for office use as well.
- Very good staying power
- Versatile shades
- Texture is so soft and silky
- Sturdy packaging
What I dislike about the ELF Eyeshadow Quad in Butternut:-
- The sponge applicator is useless but then again for $1 it’s not really a hardship 😉
- Availability in India
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Have you tried ELF Brightening Eyeshadow Quad Butternut?
You may also like reading: