I have reviewed 2 ELF Studio blushes before: Peachykeen and Candid Coral. Of the 2, Candid Coral was a definitely hit whereas Peachykeen turned out be a huge disappointment. The blush I’m reviewing today is from the same range called Blushing Rose. Was it a HitÂ or a Miss? Read on to find out!
About ELF Studio Blush:
The soft sheer texture blends into the skin for a silky finish. Designed to be worn alone or layered for more depth. Highlight your complexion with a subtle healthy glow.
Also readÂ NARS Cream Blush Lokoum Reviews & Swatches
Price: Â $3
Quantity: Â 4.75gms
Ingredients: Â Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polybutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate.
My take on the ELF Studio Blush in Blushing Rose:
- Packaging: The blush comes in a black, plastic square pan like NARS but with a clear panel in the front which makes it easy to stack and identify amongst the tons of blushes.
- Color: Blushing Rose is a Reddish Pink shade. The red tone is quite strong infact and although it may seem like it has lots of shimmer it actually doesn’t. When I apply it, it looks more satiny with a sheen to it thanks to the tiny gold reflector shimmer.
- Texture & Pigmentation: The blush looks really pigmented but appearances aren’t always what they seem. Pigmentation-wise I would rate it a 4/5 simply because it doesn’t come on as an overpowering shade like it looks in the pan…rather, it comes out quite soft. I like this because it makes it easy for me to use it with minimal mistakes. Those who want to try and dabble with darker shades should def try this out. Texture wise its soft but not as soft as the Kryolan or MAC ones.
- Staying Power: This stays on my cheeks for about 5hrs or so and then starts fading slowly.
This blush is an outright HIT. The color pay-off is amazing and at the same time it isn’t a risky shade to use at all. Any skintone would be able to pull this off easily. This would honestly not be so attractive and appealing had it not been for the tiny gold particles. That’s what really sets this blush apart..the sheen, the glow…it’s all that we’d want. It can be applied lightly for work and a bit heavily for the evening.
What I like about ELF Studio Blush in Blushing Rose:-
- Good Pigmentation
- Would suit all skintones
- the tiny gold reflector particles really makes this blush more ‘Hatke’..
- Not chalky and is very easy to blend.
- Can be worn to work as well.
- No Animal Testing done
- Sturdy packaging
- Nil fallout
What I don’t like aboutÂ ELF Studio Blush in Blushing Rose
- Availability in India is limited to online shopping sites only.
Have you tried the ELF Studio Blush in Blushing Rose?
You may also like to read:
- ELF Candy Shop Lipgloss Review
- ELF Nail Polish Remover pads
- E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder Review
- Bronzer for Indian skin
- ELF Super glossy Lip Shine In Pink Lemonade Review
- ELF Bronzer in Sunkissed