I still remember my very first Elizabeth Arden (EA) goody…It was the Green Tea perfume…I was so proud of it and come to think of it, it was the time when I thought EA only made perfumes…The fact that they made make up was a total surprise to me. I still remember when I first held the EA cream blush with a puzzled expression wondering if this was the same Elizabeth! 😉 Suffice to say, I learnt a little more about make up and this eyeshadow quad was the 2nd goody I got from EA.
Also Read Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau De Parfum
I have seen this along with another variation on a FnU sale but I’m not sure whether this is the same or if it’s a new and improved formula…So do check it out when you get the chance.
Brighten your eyes with Color Intrigue Eyeshadow Quad in new coordinated quartets. Blue Breeze creates beguiling eyes with petal-pretty hues of blue. These limited edition shades let you color, contour, highlight and line eyes with rich, true color you’ll want to wear all season long.
- Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Eyeshadow Color Intrigue Eyeshadows offers rich, stay-true colour to your eyes.
- Is crease resistant and gives a brilliant long wearing effect.
- Enriched with vitamins for protection.
- Silky smooth texture that easily glides onto your eyelids.
- Price: $30
- Quantity: 5.8gms
About the Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Eyeshadow Quad in Golden Lilac
- Colors: This quad comprises of 4 shades: a light lilac (matte), a regular brown (satin), a beige highlighter (matte) and a gun metal grey (metallic).
- Pigmentation: I am quite disappointed with this quad. With a brand name like EA, I expected better quality. For starters, the lilac color is terrible chalky! It looks like tinted powder on my lids! The beige shade is fine although I’d have preferred it to have a tiny bit of shimmer since I love slightly shiny ones to use on my brow bone and in the inner corners of my eyes.Â The other 2 colors are quite amazing and the color payoff is good. The gun metal shade is my fav of all! Its perfect for a smokey eye and blends like a dream!
- Texture: Except for the lilac color, all 3 shades are quite silky to the touch and blend easily..
- Staying Power: Without a primer these shadows stay on for about 4hrs and then begin to fade steadily. But with a primer it easily lasts for approx 6-7hrs.
Also Read Elizabeth Arden Blush in Sugar Plum
Even though this quad does have 3 gorgeous shades, I still wouldn’t repurchase. The main reason being that if it were a cheaper quad and only 3 of 4 shades worked, I wouldn’t have minded. But this one costs too much not to be bothered by this. I’m not sure if anyone else would agree but yes, this does irk me. If I’m spending a large amount on a product, I wouldn’t like to have any major flaw in it. What do you think?
But having said all this, I do like this quad especially the gun metal shade which is perfect to be used also as a liner. 🙂
What I love about the Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Eyeshadow Quad in Golden Lilac
- Has come nice, wearable shades.
- Soft to the touch
- The gunmetal shade is soooo pigmented and can be used as a liner 🙂
- Comes with a dual-ended applicator.
- Sturdy enough for travel
- Easy to blend
- Highly pigmented (except for the lilac shade)
What I dislike about the Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Eyeshadow Quad in Golden Lilac
- The lilac shade is a total flop show!! It’s horrible chalky!!
- Very pricey..especially when one of the shades is a downer..
- Pigmentation: 3.5/5
- Texture: 4/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 3/5
Â Have you tried this EA Quad?? Or have you tried other eyeshadows from EA?
You may also like reading:
- 21 AMC Inglot Gel Eyeliner Swatches & Photos
- Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel 87 Photos and Swatches
- Inglot AMC Face Blush 58 Review
- Inglot Face Powder Blush 40 Photos & Swatches
- Inglot cream blush and Inglot duraline
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Istanbul: Swatches & Review
- NYX Black Label Lipstick Indigo: Review & Swatches
- NYX Round Lipstick Fig Review & Swatches
- Nyx Round Lipstick Pandora Review & Swatches
- NYX Studio Liquid Eyeliner Extreme Gold : Swatches & Photos
- NYX Girls Round Lip Gloss Sorbet & Ballerina Pink Review & Swatches
- NYX Black Label Lipstick Beauty Queen Review, Swatch FOTD
- Â Elizabeth ArdenÂ Blush Sugar Plum Review & Swatches
- Elizabeth ArdenÂ 5th Avenue Eau De Parfum Review
- 16 Red,Pink & Beige MAC Lipstick Photos & Swatches
- MAC Breezy Blush: Review , Swatches & FOTD