Elle 18 Color Pops Coral Shine
So, Elle18 lippies have been around here since like forever now, but let me confess that I haven’t bought a single product from them but no harsh feelings for the brand 😛 it was just that I never felt that I get some thing from them. Ok, so another thing is I had NOT YET found my MLBB lip color 🙁 sad but true, I’ve tried all the possible pinks to browns to nudes to peaches, every color stands out on my lips, I needed a muted shade and my search ends here 🙂 read on to know more.
One fine day, After reading a lot of reviews on so many elle 18 lippie I thought I should at least try one of them. I actually went to the store to check out the shades coral romance and pinken, but coral romance was out of stock at the store and I went through a few more shades that’s when my eyes fell on this gorgeous shade, and after getting this i felt i didn’t need ‘pinken’. this shade is called coral shine and is a beautiful muted peachy coral.
PRICE: 100 INR.You can buy it online.
TEXTURE: Ok so, the texture is smooth, not too creamy, doesn’t glide on the lips as smooth as I would like it to, tugs and pulls my lips 🙁 It’s not opaque, not completely sheer, something between that. I kinda like it that way 🙂 It doesn’t settle nor does it emphasize the fine lines on my lips reason being it’s not very creamy texture. But it badly emphasizes the dryness of the lips if any.
SHADE: This is the part I love love love the most, yes! m in love with the shade, it’s simply gorgeous! It’s peach based coral with a hint of pink, that goes with my natural lip color so well and compliments my skin tone like no other lip color I’ve ever tried. It gives my face a kind of glow I would die for. A catch here, I never noticed it has shimmers until I clicked the pictures of it 😛 silly me, but still let me mention I wouldn’t have got it if I knew it had shimmer particles. But the fact that they were almost invisible to my naked eye is enough that I use it so much now.
STAYING POWER: Here, It’s a shade that is almost like my natural lip color, I could make out the stay power only by keeping a check on the glow I had all the while the color was there 😉 Well, It was approximately two hours and not more than that, and that too if I do not munch on anything in between, other wise it wouldn’t last more than an hour.
ELLE 18 COLOR POP CORAL SHINE SWATCHES:
MY THOUGHTS ABOUT ELLE 18 COLOR POP CORAL SHINE:
I simply cannot stop raving about the shade, and i cannot stop myself from reaching out for this lippie so often. Now you know what, I need to find a dupe to it as soon as possible and you know why?
As much as i love the color, I hate it’s texture, staying power and it’s after effects on my lips 🙁 It’s hard and doesn’t glide on lips easily, it emphasizes the dryness and flakes on my lips if any, and doesn’t last more than an hour and a half or a little more than that.
Let’s get down to the pros and cons.
What I like about Elle 18 Color Pop Coral Shine :
- A really affordable brand.
- Has ample of shades to choose from.
- Very easily available.
- Almost all the shades are gorgeous and wearable from the range.
- A really good option if you are planning to try out a new lip color.
- This particular shade is the current love of my life 😛
- Manages a decent wear time.
- Can flatter any skin tone.
- It looks really good with not much of an OTT glossy finish.
- The shimmer particles are minute, very finely milled and not at all chunky.
- doesn’t settle into lip lines.
- Gives a beautiful soft, semi matte finish.
- A perfect MLBB shade for people with neutral skin undertones.
- I cannot live without this lippie any more.
- Ok, if you look at the price Vs quality factor, then it’s a thumbs up from me (y)
What I don’t like about Elle 18 Color Pop Coral Shine :
- The hard texture.
- Tugs on lips.
- Cannot survive a meal.
- emphasizes dryness and flakes on the lips if any.
- Not really creamy.
- Does not moisturize lips as claimed.
- In fact, Dries out my lips so badly that it almost takes them a week to heal.
FINAL VERDICT: As already said, if I’ve to see price Vs quality wise then it’s the best lippie offered at this price.
WILL I RECOMMEND IT TO OTHERS: Yes, if you are looking for a budget friendly lip color and if you don’t have any problem with the cons mentioned above, then sure go grab it 😀 It’s a universal lip color.
Have you tried Elle 18 Color Pop Coral Shine ?