Five Makeup Schools In London
Hey people, so after a post on â€œHow To Become A Makeup Artistâ€, I today bring forth you some of the top makeup schools of London.
London is a leader when it comes to makeup and has been guiding the world with many new innovations in makeup industry.
We all enjoy makeup but some among us dream of taking their passion a step ahead. Todayâ€™s post is ideally for those passionate Makeup lovers, who really want to make it big as a makeup artist.
The London School of Beauty & Makeup
The London School of Beauty & Make-up helps turn your dreams of fashion shoots and catwalk shows into a reality and with our comprehensive, hands-on make-up courses. They will help launch you into one of the most creative and rewarding industries in the world. The London School of Beauty and Make-up is one of the best schools in Europe for learning high fashion make-up techniques.
Once your make-up application skills have been perfected, you can then choose from a list of intensive higher level courses ranging from creative artistry to fashion/photographic, catwalk, TV and film. Â During these specialized programs, you will be offered the unique opportunity of working on your own photographic shoots alongside a top fashion and beauty photographer and professional models from leading London agencies. Â TheÂ journey does not stop there, once youâ€™re ready to start applying for make-up jobs, we have an exclusive Pro Events Team that will enable you to expand your CV, adding both corporate, fashion and television/film work to your portfolio.
- 8 Week IMA Foundation/Fashion/Photographic/Media Make-up Diploma
- 4 Week IMA Foundation/Fashion/Photographic Make-up Certificate
- 2 Week Intensive IMA Foundation Make-up Certificate
- 4 Part-week VTCT Foundation Make-up Certificate
- One-to-One Make-up Tuition
- 2 Day VTCT NVQ Level 2 Foundation Make-up Certificate
- 10 Week IMA Foundation Make-up Certificate
- 2 Week Creative Make-up Course
- 6 Week IMA Fashion/Photographic/Media Make-up Diploma
- 4 Week IMA Media Make-up Diploma
- 9 Week IMA Foundation Make-up Certificate
- 2 Day Asian Bridal Make-up Certificate
Apart from makeup various Hair Styling and Beauty Therapy courses are also available here.
London MakeUp School
The London MakeUp School is one of the most well recognized and progressive makeup school in the industry. All classes are run with a maximum class size of 5, and also run courses on demand if the course dates do not suit your schedule. This makes this makeup school unique and sets it apart from any other makeup training establishment in the UK. Another unique feature of theÂ London MakeUp SchoolÂ is that unlike most other training academies they use live models throughout the courses instead of students working on each other, which maximizes students learning capacity. TheÂ London MakeUp SchoolÂ is accredited by ITEC (International Therapy Examination Council) and linked with the Complementary Therapists Association for insurance, guidance and support for our students. London MakeUp School courses are all fully insurable.
They have various levels of course.
Beginners courses are designed for those with no previous experience in makeup artistry.
- Fast Track Makeup Artist (ITEC Level 2)
- 1 week Beginners Professional Makeup
- 3 days Beginners makeup
- 1 Day Makeup
- Henna Designs
- Theatrical/ Film/ TV/ Makeup (Introduction)
- Professional hair Styling
- Hair Makeup and Styling
Intermediate level of courses are designed for those who have completed the Beginners courses, or those with a little industry experience.
- Airbrushing and HD Makeup
- Professional Mastering Eyes
- Mature Makeup
- Black Makeup
- Glamour Makeup
- Fashion and Catwalk makeup
- Vintage, Retro and Period Hair & Makeup
- *NEW* Media Makeup
- Asian Bridal Makeup
- Bridal Hair and Makeup
Advanced Level courses are designed for those who have completed the Intermediate courses, or those with industry experience.
- Advanced Professional Makeup
- Theatrical/Film/TV/ Hair and Makeup
- Face and Body Painting
- Special Effects Makeup
- Avant Garde Hair Styling
- Avant Garde Makeup
- Avant Hair and Makeup
All level courses are designed for students of all levels including for personal use or to a studentâ€™s specific requirements.
- 1 on 1 Tuition (Personal Makeup Class)
- Masterclass (Using MAC Makeup)
- Male Grooming
- 1 Day Male Makeup Workshop
- Pro Portfolio Day
The London School of Makeup
The London School of Make-up offers students the best and most comprehensiveÂ makeup artistry courses, makeup artistry training and media makeup courses in London.
Mostyn Barnard after working for over thirty years in the beauty, fashion and makeup industry which included the last eighteen years as Founder & Managing Director of London Esthetique known as The London School of Beauty & Make-up, set up an independent school devoted entirely to the education in makeup application and its allied industries.
The mission is to offer students the best and most comprehensiveÂ makeup trainingÂ in the country from some of the industries wealth of up to date talented professional workingÂ makeup artists.
The school is not limited to any one brand but offer students the chance to work with most of the major fashion makeup houses while on the course helping to widen their product knowledge and experience. The school aims where ever possible to keep course prices realistic and affordable making them good value for money.
- 2 Days IMA Foundation Course
- 2 Week IMA Foundation Course
- 9 Week evening Class IMA Foundation Course
- 10 Week Saturday Class IMA Foundation Course
- 4 Week IMA Foundation & Creative Course
- 2 Week Creative Courses
- 8 Week Saturday Creative Course
- 8 Week IMA Photographs & Media Course
- 5 Days IMA Diploma in Dressing Hair
- 2 Days Bridal Makeup Course
- 3 Day Bridal Hair Course
- 5 Day Bridal Makeup & Hair Course
Academy of Freelance Makeup
AOFM opened its doors more than a decade ago and have placed their makeup and hairstyling graduates on more than 6000 assisting and work opportunities all over the world and counting. It is a global makeup school and theÂ ONLY makeup school in the worldÂ to take its graduates to assist and work backstage every year in all 4 fashion capitals of the world; London, New York, Paris and Milan.
AOFMâ€™s international makeup coursesÂ are taught by our team of over 40 handpicked freelance makeup artists from all over the world.
The makeup courses include makeup for fashion and photographic, bridal makeup and hairstyling courses and our famous creative Special FX classes.
Once students have finished their courses they can choose from 100s of global work placements and assisting opportunities through our exclusive AOFM international bookings agency.
AOFM students receive EXCLUSIVE discounts from Bobbi Brown, Benefit, Makeup Store, Bare Minerals, MAC, NYX, LancÃ´me, Stila, Inglot & MANY MORE!
- FREE Aftercare classes for unlimited duration,
- 5 week Complete Artistic Pro Specialist Certificate
- 4 week Total Pro Creative Specialist Certificate
- 3 week Professional Makeup and hairstyling Certificate
- 2 week The combined Certificate In professional Makeup
- 6 days Freelance certificate in professional makeup artistry
- 6 days Creative Certificate in Advanced makeup techniques
- 6 days Session stylist/ Hair Styling
- 5 days freelance Certificate in Creative Special Fx
- 3 days Freelance Certificate In Creative Airbrush
- 3 days creative nail certificate
- 5 days bridal makeup and hair specialist certificate
AOFM offers some Part Time Courses too specifically for weekends
Delamar Academy was established over 25 years ago, the Academy is a world-famous leader in its field, as well as an excellent prospects for graduates. Delamar prides itself on outstanding facilities, world-class tuition from experienced professionals and access to exciting work placements in the full range of media disciplines â€“ fashion, TV, theatre, and film. They also runÂ an agency exclusively for their graduate Makeup Artists.
Not only is Delamar world-renowned for its educational excellence, but Delamarâ€™s courses are also accredited by Middlesex University. This means that graduates of ourÂ year long Certificate CourseÂ get an internationally-respected University qualification in addition to the excellent training they’ve received.
Academy Principal, Penny Delamar, the author of one of the standard text books on make-up â€œThe Complete Make-up Artistâ€ knows that the only way to really learn the skills of make-up and hair artistry is through hands-on practical make-up courses.
That is why, Delamar’s courses are veryÂ light on lecture time and extremely heavy on time spent in workshops and completing practical exercises. That means less time sitting listening and more time honing the skills you came to learn.
- 1 year Higher Education Certificate in Professional Makeup Design Course
- 22 week Advanced Complete Makeup Artist Course
- 12, 14 and 16 week Complete Makeup Artist Course
- 10 Week Complete Beauty and fashion Makeup Course
- 5 Week Beauty and Fashion Makeup and Hair Course
- 6 Week Advanced Fashion Course
- 6 Week Advanced Hair Course
- 6 Week Advanced Combined Studies Course
- 6 Week Advanced Prosthetics Course
- 5 Week Tutorial Building A Makeup Portfolio
- 2 Week Short Course
- 1 Week Short Course
- 5 Week Summer Course- Beauty, Fashion and Hair
These makeup schools lead London and indeed lead the world with their different variety of courses and make many excellent makeup artists.
You might like to read:-