I love traveling and more so, the anticipation of shopping at airport gives me a very different high….Alot of people hate waiting at an airport for long and consider it a waste of time but I genuinely love it. I go through each and every outlet in peace and after 1-2rounds I decide what I’d like to get 🙂
This gloss is one of those many buys I’ve indulged at from the Hyderabad airport last year. I picked it up from the New U outlet prior to the security check. I remember they were having an extra-off sorta sale and I went berserk…as usual.
I picked this gloss simply becauseÂ I’d never heard of the brand before and the shade was so glossy that I had to have it.
- Price: It cost me about 145 INR or so, but I’m not aware of the actual price since it had no label and it was simply dumped in the ‘extra-off’ section.
- Packaging: This lip gloss came in the usual tube packaging but in an unusual form. Its not the traditional rectangular tube but this is more tapered in the end and unlike other glosses cannot stand balanced on its own. It has a brush applicator and the wand is quite long which may pose a problem for some.
I do like the longish applicator since I can apply easily in front of the mirrorÂ and it doesn’t hinder during touchups either.
- Color: This color can best be described as a peachy brown and tends to look more brick brown on my lips.
- Texture: The gloss is said to be supermatte and hence has no shimmer or sparkles in it. The gloss goes on totally matte but has a fantabulous shine to it. The texture is smooth albeit kinda sticky. It doesn’t sink into my lips but the stickiness is a bit of a turn off.
- Staying Power: This gloss stays for around 4-5hrs unless I eat in the middle. I don’t usually have the habit of rubbing or licking my lips so even in general lipsticks andÂ glosses tend to have a longer staying power.
However, when this fades, it does so very unevenly which I don’t like at all.Â I feel like I have globs of color on diff parts of my lips. I am not sureÂ whether this is only with me though.
- Pigmentation & Coverage: The lipstick gives my lips full coverage and would conceal any as well. Pigmentation is a huge plus point and a single swipe is more than sufficient. The formula is quite thick and you may need to dip in more than once but it’s a pleasure to do so since I love the glossy finish this gives. My lips look really moisturized and as if I’ve applied a clear gloss over a matt brown shade.
Swatches of Flormar Supermatte Lipgloss
What I like about Flormar Supermatte Lipgloss
- No shimmer particles which makes this user friendly for work wear as well as occasions
- Pigmentation & texture is really good and would cover pigmented lips well.
- Doesn’t dry out my lips.
- I like the wand applicator especially because of its length.
- The texture is thick enough and doesn’t bleed.
- Pretty inexpensive. Gloss lovers would like to have these in their collection..
Reasons to skip it:
- It fades unevenly which is really really a huuuge downside to this gloss.
- I have never seen this brand anywhere other than Hyderabad so I’m not sure about it availability.
- On application it does feel a tiny bit heavy on the lips..but the feeling subsided after a minute or so.
Has anyone else used Flormar Supermatte Lipglosses?
You might like reading these also:-
- Avon SimplyPretty Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (Blackest black) Review
- Maybelline WATERSHINE Liquid Gloss Review (521-Naked Brown)
- L.A. Colors Moisturising Sheer Lip Gloss Brown Sugar Review & Swatches
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder Review
- Flower Inspired Makeup Look
- Maybelline Water Shine Liquid Diamonds Lip Gloss 10 Pink Ruby Review