Pears shower gel review
Remember the old advertisement of Pears soap where a little girl wishes to be soft like her mother.? I was thinking exactly the same when I got this shower gel :P. I am a bath product junkie and this time I was looking for unscented body wash for myself.Pears body wash is undoubtedly a cheap body wash which is great for those who have sensitive nose.
Price of pears pure and gentle shower gel – Rs 125 for 250 ml
It is almost similar to pears face wash which is in the form of bath and shower gel.
What the product claims :- 100% soap free and formulated with specially chosen ingredients to take care of your skin in a way that you love, a mild and gentle way.
Product ingredients:- Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Perfume, Citric acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium choloride , Allantoin , Benzophenone – 3
What I liked about the product :–
1.This shower gel is basically a liquid form of pears soap. It is gentle on the skin and doesn’t cause any irritation or damage to the sensitive skin.
2. It is almost a fragrance free shower gel if you compare to many other products in the market.It does have a subtle fragrance but that vanishes away once you are out of the shower.
3. One of a product which sensitive skin people can give a try
4. Foaming shower gel – Doesn’t lather much and quiet sufficient for a body wash.
5. It comes in a plastic bottle which is just like a large version of the soap.Pears is a classic brand and and reasonably priced too.Bottle has a hook which is quiet an advantage as you can easily hang it anywhere in your bathroom.
6.It is such a pleasure to use this shower gel because it is 100 % soap free though it does have Sodium Laureth Sulfate which is an harmful inexpensive ingredient used in most of the shampoos and soaps nowadays
Sodium laureth sulfate, or sodium lauryl ether sulfate (SLES), is a detergent and surfactant found in many personal care products (soaps, shampoos, toothpaste etc.). SLES is an inexpensive and very effective foaming agent.SLES has been shown to produce eye or skin irritation in experimental animals and in some human test subjects. Some products containing SLES have been found to contain low levels of the carcinogen 1,4-dioxane, with the recommendation from the FDA that these levels be monitored.(from wikipedia)
7. Glycerin in the product makes my skin feel soft all the time.
8. Me and my husband have been using this product since one and half month and still there is some
amount of the shower gel left in the bottle.
Dislike – I don’t have any dislike of this product but it is not my best body wash either .I found Olay Body wash better for my skin.
Worth a buy – Complete a worth for those who have sensitive skin and are looking for fragrance free body wash or shower gel.
Rating – 4/5
You might like reading these also